New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Guys, i have noticed recently that madalas mabawasan ng tubig radiator ng car ko, lalo n kapag matagal nka idle . Dinagdagan ko n ng coolant still marami p rin nababawas. Ok naman ang radiator fan and wala naman akong nakikitang tagas. Also kakaflush pa lang ng radiator last May 2012. Is it advisable to overhaul the radiator? BTW 126K+ na ang mileage and its a 2006 1.6v model. If kailangan pa overhaul what shop can you suggest prefferably Pampanga area? Also is it ok kung replacement parts lang ng air filter ang gagamitin? If yes what brand will you suggest? Need your inputs guys. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgtorres13 View Post
    Guys, i have noticed recently that madalas mabawasan ng tubig radiator ng car ko, lalo n kapag matagal nka idle . Dinagdagan ko n ng coolant still marami p rin nababawas. Ok naman ang radiator fan and wala naman akong nakikitang tagas. Also kakaflush pa lang ng radiator last May 2012. Is it advisable to overhaul the radiator? BTW 126K+ na ang mileage and its a 2006 1.6v model. If kailangan pa overhaul what shop can you suggest prefferably Pampanga area? Also is it ok kung replacement parts lang ng air filter ang gagamitin? If yes what brand will you suggest? Need your inputs guys. Thanks!
    i doubt its the radiator. try to replace the radiator cap first and observe. the rad cap can be bought at most 200 pesos. make sure you use the same one with the same pressure as your stock.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i doubt its the radiator. try to replace the radiator cap first and observe. the rad cap can be bought at most 200 pesos. make sure you use the same one with the same pressure as your stock.
    I doubt it's the radiator cap...coz the Mazda3 doesn't have one. I'd be more inclined to check the hoses, the drain plug (* since you said you had it flushed) or the resevoir itself it might be leaking.

Mazda 3 radiator problem