New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    got similar problem din.happened siguro around 11k ng odo ko.pero i know,somehow,what caused the problem.nag fill ako ng petron blaze kasi.tuwang tuwa pa ako kc ganda talaga ng hatak eh.after 3 weeks using blaze,problem starting the car occured.so ginawa ko,inubos k fuel ko by not refuelling until yung malapit n tlga mag empty.then nagbalik loob na ako sa extra unleaded.problem solved.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gud day sir,i want to share w/ you a similar problem,i got a 09 mazda3 seldom used.the problem you mentioned is so similar,but i got it corrected by changin my fuel to shell v-power after 4x of refillin,its almost 2mos now said problem didnt recur again, since i started using v-power,and based on my research in the net i found out that using ethyl alcohol based fuel e10 is corrosive to the fuel pump especially if its seldom used and gum/varnish formation occur easily cloggin the fuel sys too,if a car is not in used for a peroid of time.Hope this info helps.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    resurrecting this ancient thread

well Mazda Makati's "fix" and recommendation to change fuel didn't work for long. The hard starting came back eventually but since I wasn't using the car much I ignored it.

now the fuel pump has completely died.

the complete assembly is over 30k pesos.

there are some stand-alone pumps (5k to 10k range depending on whom you ask) which can be transplanted into the fuel pump basket of the Mazda3. Some people have had success with this.

however in my case there is physical damage to the fuel pump basket. which means replacement of the entire assembly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12