New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I just came from Mazda greenhills for my 1,000km PMS. In there, I saw a thing most curious. A lovely thing called the 'extended warranty'. It seems they have a very large amount of materials they can warrant against defect. All for the measly price of 16k for 1 year.. if I avail of it now! now! now!

But alas, as I was reaching for my wallet it dawned on me that perhaps I should consult first with people far wiser than I

So I searched the threads looking for horror stories, and to my pleasant surprise there doesnt seem to be any (i.e. like the hidden trooper-defect, the toyota diesel engine, etc..)

However, since the mz3 is not that old.. its just what? close to 5 years in the philippines? Im just not sure.. so if there is someone who owns an mz3 3 years and up..

Is the extended warranty worth it?

for comparison:
    I once had a civic vti that stayed in the family for close to 7 years and the only thing that I replaced is the battery. There was not 'kalampag', no mysterious noise that grated on my nerves, no nothing out of the ordinary.

I can only hope our mz3 is just like that..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Nope. Not worth it. It's just another way for Mazda/Ford to make money. Good thing you decided not to get it right away.

btw, was formerly working for Mazda GH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problems with Mazda3?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=558.0

------------------------

IMHO, extended warranties on any product is just a way of the seller to milk more money out of the buyer.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 26th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Problems with Mazda3?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=558.0

------------------------

IMHO, extended warranties on any product is just a way of the seller to milk more money out of the buyer.

can't agree more, after my 20k PMS inalok ako nung taga Mazda Alabang. For Extended Warranty, sabi pa may free calendar and t-shirt/bag ata yun. Sabi ko na lang, sige po pagisipan ko na lang.

Mazda 3 Extended Warranty: Worth it?