New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    You'll need a low profile jack like this:

And of course, you also need two pairs of jack stands with rubber blocks.

Locate the cross member, front and rear.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Take note that the "corrected rear cross member" is the one with the red ellipse. A big thanks to [USER=257545]*Cdn17Sport6MT[/USER] for pointing it out to me last time.

Here is the actual front cross member, the one with the waffle design.

And here is the actual rear cross member.

The low profile jack can fit through the front, except that the cover will obstruct you.

One option is to use a piece of wood, about two inches, and use that as a ramp. From there, you should have enough space for the floor jack.

What I did is I let the jack pass through the driver side, as the wheel well gives me enough space.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Then I positioned the jack to the front cross member and started lifting. Make sure the the rear tires are "locked in place".

Once you reach a sufficient height, place the jack stands between the "pinch weld".

Slowly lower the jack, making sure that both jack stands with the rubber blocks are in place. The rubber will slightly bulge.

Do the same for the rear. Locate the rear cross member and position the jack. Lift the car slowly, checking that the front jack stands are secured in place between the pinch weld.

Note the "number of teeth" you used for the front jack stands. You should use the same number in the rear so that the car is balanced.

Upon reaching the correct height, slowly lower the car making sure that the jack stands are in place.

That's it! You now have successfully lifted the car.

With the car lifted, you can now change the oil, clean the brakes, and rotate the tires.

Labor is cheap here.. It's like 1000 Pesos for everything I've mentioned. And this is "expensive", considering that some shops will only charge 500 Pesos with their competent mechanics. I believe it's better to hire someone.

However, I want to justify all the tools I bought. So I need to do this and have my hands dirty.
    How to Jack Up Your Car - SUPER EASY - Mazda 6 2018

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Nice.. i have a rhino ramp, so i put the car there first then lift the front cross member using the crocky jack

Cute pussy in the background... hehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hey! I remember you. You said you bought that for cheap. How to Jack Up Your Car - SUPER EASY - Mazda 6 2018

I've been contemplating of buying that but I have totally forgotten it. Then I saw this low profile jack. It is cheap compared to others.

Check out MAXLYFT Japan Technology Heavy Duty 3.5 Ton Low Profile Floor Double Rapid Pump ML35TLP for ₱6,900. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/38479760/1...8-1657376673.9

Going back, I was disappointed with the shot because the pinch weld was out of focus. However, the pussy made it up.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Check out MAXLYFT Japan Technology Heavy Duty 3.5 Ton Low Profile Floor Double Rapid Pump ML35TLP for ₱6,900. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/38479760/1...8-1657376673.9
    Been trying to find one for easier lifting, vs those small jacks that come with the car

Yours is a 3.5 Ton, would the 2.5 Ton be capable enough?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Been trying to find one for easier lifting, vs those small jacks that come with the car

Yours is a 3.5 Ton, would the 2.5 Ton be capable enough?

It should. One disadvantage is that there's no low profile jack of that size that I know. And I think the height is limited to 12 inches. Mine has a maximum lifting height of 20 inches. If you also have an SUV, that height of 12" might not be good enough. If it's just for changing a flat tire, then it should be fine. I have tried using the 2 ton jack when I replaced the tire of Trailblazer.

Another disadvantage I know is that for smaller jacks, controlling the valve is a bit tricky. You have the tendency to fully release the pressure, and that makes an abrupt lowering of the car. Of course, you can control the opening of the valve. It's just that I have better control of the valve for my new jack.

I saw a cheaper one, about 3,500 Pesos. The problem is the seller, he didn't respond to my inquiry about the height of the jack when in stowed position.

Here's the link, if you are interested.

Check out EXTREME Japan Technology Hydraulic Floor Jack Low Profile Jack 3.5 tons ETHFJ-3.5L at 50% off! ₱3,500 only. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/729221637/...8-1657984591.9

EDIT: That's a different seller. The one I was dealing with last time is already banned.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    It should. One disadvantage is that there's no low profile jack of that size that I know. And I think the height is limited to 12 inches. Mine has a maximum lifting height of 20 inches. If you also have an SUV, that height of 12" might not be good enough. If it's just for changing a flat tire, then it should be fine. I have tried using the 2 ton jack when I replaced the tire of Trailblazer.

Another disadvantage I know is that for smaller jacks, controlling the valve is a bit tricky. You have the tendency to fully release the pressure, and that makes an abrupt lowering of the car. Of course, you can control the opening of the valve. It's just that I have better control of the valve for my new jack.

I saw a cheaper one, about 3,500 Pesos. The problem is the seller, he didn't respond to my inquiry about the height of the jack when in stowed position.

Here's the link, if you are interested.

Check out EXTREME Japan Technology Hydraulic Floor Jack Low Profile Jack 3.5 tons ETHFJ-3.5L at 50% off! ₱3,500 only. Get it on Shopee now! https://shopee.ph/product/729221637/...8-1657984591.9

EDIT: That's a different seller. The one I was dealing with last time is already banned.
    Thanks Archer. What about the stands, any fine?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Thanks Archer. What about the stands, any fine?
    I bought a cheap 3 ton jack stands. Since it's cheap, I bought two pairs.

https://shopee.ph/product/299409084/...8-1658058616.9

As I checked it, it's no longer "cheap". How to Jack Up Your Car - SUPER EASY - Mazda 6 2018

I suggest you also buy rubber blocks to protect the jacking point.

https://shopee.ph/product/253105297/...8-1658058745.9

I've seen at least one, the frame, where the pinch weld is located, is bent. I don't know how it happened but I believe that the rubber blocks will prevent that from happening.

A word of caution, I suggest you do not remove the floor jack the first time you use the jack stands. Slightly release the floor jack and check that the jack stands can support the car.

The same thing with the floor jack, test it first by lifting the car just enough for the wheels to be elevated. Then release the valve so that you can observe how fast or how slow it will lower the car.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Recently bought a 6 ton jack stand.. sks brand for 1.6k for the pair...

Tip when lifting the car on the side using the crocky jack.. make sure you position it almost parallel with the car to prevent the crocky jack from pulling it sideways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast