New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know why my car overheats? Wala pang 5-10mins and tinakbo, mainit na kaagad.

Here are the things i did to try to fix the problem:

Radiator overhaul
    New water pump
    New Cylinder head gasket (but i don't think that this is where the problem is since wala namang usok n sobrang puti)

I'm doing the repairs myself para matuto na din ako. ang mamahal n labor sa mga shops and besides i enjoy doing the repairs myself.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Zod View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know why my car overheats? Wala pang 5-10mins and tinakbo, mainit na kaagad.

Here are the things i did to try to fix the problem:

Radiator overhaul
    New water pump
    New Cylinder head gasket (but i don't think that this is where the problem is since wala namang usok n sobrang puti)

I'm doing the repairs myself para matuto na din ako. ang mamahal n labor sa mga shops and besides i enjoy doing the repairs myself.

Thanks!
    check if the fans are functioning properly, and I mean PROPERLY. Hindi lang yung basta umiikot dapat malakas yung buga ng hangin

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Open mo radiator cap check if water circulates there is a movement of water circulating. If no movement maybe your thermostat don't open, stuck up.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    gaano ba tinataas ng temp guage mo..observe mo kung nag o automatic ung radiator fan mo..

nagbabawas ba ng tubig sa radiator,,ung cyclinder head mo.nagpalit ka kamo ng gasket,,pina reface moba ung cyclinder head mismo sa machine shop..

sa umaga habang malamig pa..buksan mo radiator cap saka mo start makina..tingnan mo kung umiikot or nag seseculate ung tubig...