New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi,

Car newbie here.. I now have 3000km on my 4-month old mazda3, so maybe it's time for an oil change (?). I've read that it costs 5k+ to have it done at the casa, so I'd like to do it elsewhere. I have three questions:

1. Do I just have to go to the talyer to have it done? Or do I have to buy a mazda-specific oil filter from mazda first?

2. Saan kayo nagpapa-oil change ng inyong mazda3 sa Alabang / Las-pinas area?

3. It says in the manual to change oil and oil filter every 3 months or every 5000km (whichever comes first). Sinusunod niyo ba ito? Any suggestions for best practices?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    better have it done sa casa. sayang naman warranty. You can afford a 900t car pero sa 5k na change oil namamahalan ka?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by estok View Post
    Hi,

Car newbie here.. I now have 3000km on my 4-month old mazda3, so maybe it's time for an oil change (?). I've read that it costs 5k+ to have it done at the casa, so I'd like to do it elsewhere. I have three questions:

1. Do I just have to go to the talyer to have it done? Or do I have to buy a mazda-specific oil filter from mazda first?

2. Saan kayo nagpapa-oil change ng inyong mazda3 sa Alabang / Las-pinas area?

3. It says in the manual to change oil and oil filter every 3 months or every 5000km (whichever comes first). Sinusunod niyo ba ito? Any suggestions for best practices?
    -----------------------------------------
    in my Opinion. better have it done by CASa. sayang naman kabago bago ng kotse mo... baka mababoy lang sa labas. and worse is kung magka problema baka di-i-honor ang warranty kasi di sa kanila ginawa ang oil change.
    eto na lang suggestion ko... sagarin mo na lang ang upto 5T km. walang problema yun kahit 4months ka na....minsan nga eh inaabot pa akong 12months (1year) bago palit oil.... walang problema yan.... di naman nalulusaw ang oil sa atin dahil di masyadong extreme ang temperature sa atin....di tulad kunyati sa desyerto ka.... o puro yelo na tulad sa Canada....

enjoy your MZ3!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Well ok... I guess I can spare the 5k, hihi. Thanks parakito and reloaded.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by estok View Post
    Based on my mazda 3 user manual, change oil should be done every 6 months or 10,000 km similar to Honda vehicles. Yeah I agree with sir parakitoJDM. Casa should be the one to perform oil change on your new Mazda 3.

Have a safer and enjoyable ride!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir meron syang free pms 1k and 10k,i had a call from mazda makati this afternoon that they would schedule me for my 10k,or else maforfiet daw.since yun mazda3 ko wala pang 5k. tama bang avail ko na?like yun first pms ko sa kanila,wala nman silang ginawa kundi iread yung mileage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    sir meron syang free pms 1k and 10k,i had a call from mazda makati this afternoon that they would schedule me for my 10k,or else maforfiet daw.since yun mazda3 ko wala pang 5k. Jtama bang avail ko na?like yun first pms ko sa kanila,wala nman silang ginawa kundi iread yung mileage.
    Kunin mo yan bro. Libre oil sa 10k pms. Sayang din. Ok naman sa mazda makati. Ok service, yun nga lng hindi sia malinis sa kotse habang ginagawa.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I've actually got a pretty different opinion on this than the previous posters. An Oil Change is pretty much standard nowadays and it's pretty simple to do. I don't think you have to go to the dealer to have it done at all. They pretty much rip you off over there when all you really need is an oil filter and 4 liters of oil. It'll only cost you a thousand pesos or thereabouts in places like servitek or other shops like that.

The only caveat of course is that if this might affect your warranty. If Mazda will not honor your warranty because of getting an oil change outside then I would definitely go back to the dealer. But please let us know if your dealer would really do this because I would frankly be quite upset that a warranty would be voided because of a simple oil change.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smg93 View Post
    I've actually got a pretty different opinion on this than the previous posters. An Oil Change is pretty much standard nowadays and it's pretty simple to do. I don't think you have to go to the dealer to have it done at all. They pretty much rip you off over there when all you really need is an oil filter and 4 liters of oil. It'll only cost you a thousand pesos or thereabouts in places like servitek or other shops like that.

The only caveat of course is that if this might affect your warranty. If Mazda will not honor your warranty because of getting an oil change outside then I would definitely go back to the dealer. But please let us know if your dealer would really do this because I would frankly be quite upset that a warranty would be voided because of a simple oil change.

Yes, its really a rip off. And the funny thing is that if you bring your own oil to the casa, they will still treat this as something that will void the warranty, even if the oil that you bring in is exactly what they are going to use. Their comment is that your oil might be fake.

Just go with the casa until the warranty expires, then go find a dependable shop for succeeding maintenance.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for the replyies everyone.

lamborghinione, is it possible that you have a different sort of mazda3 (?). The maintenance table in my warranty booklet specifically has intervals at 3 months (3, 6, 9, 12 ...) for oil change.

gerryv, that sucks because on my first PMS, they did a full checkup and free carwash. This was in mazda alabang. You might be able to insist on a proper PMS when you get to 10k.

smg93, I was indeed under the impression that an oil change cannot affect the warranty because it's just routine maintainance. But I'll just play it safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
First Time Mazda 3 oil change