New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hi.
    I have Mazda3 2010, 2.0. I'm planning to have the car's oil and ATF changed. I'm thinking of doing it outside the casa. I've tried Shell before with my 1.6 Hyundai (oil change). Would you recommend it? For those who already tried, what oil and ATF did you use?
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sa owners manual nakasaad ang recommended fluids. most likely api-sm for the engine oil.

shell probably doesnt have the atf required. mercon v - ford transmission pala yan.

ano mileage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; October 9th, 2017 at 08:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Mileage is 56K.

You're probably right that wala sa shell ang ATF. Kasi they were not able change the transmission oil of my previous car na manual.

Wala sa Shell yung mga Mazda3 engine oils?

Do we have to change the drain plug and o-ring every time the oil is changed?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sa owners manual nakasaad ang recommended fluids. most likely api-sm for the engine oil.

shell probably doesnt have the atf required. mercon v - ford transmission pala yan.

ano mileage?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the oil drain plug normally isnt damaged. but if that previous mechanic over tightened that bolt excessively then maybe it requires changing...

shell carries typical oils for engines be it gas or diesel.

check powertorq congressional on fb.. they have mercon v. mag1 multi-atf 495/liter

they have different engine oils too...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyukoy View Post
    Mileage is 56K.

You're probably right that wala sa shell ang ATF. Kasi they were not able change the transmission oil of my previous car na manual.

Wala sa Shell yung mga Mazda3 engine oils?

Do we have to change the drain plug and o-ring every time the oil is changed?

Thank you.
    i do my change oil sa shell station for 2008 Mazda 3 1.6 engine. if i remember correctly helix fs ang oil. kahit sa casa dati shell din ang gamit nila nakikita ko yung mga container. so far ok naman ang service.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the oil drain plug normally isnt damaged. but if that previous mechanic over tightened that bolt excessively then maybe it requires changing...

shell carries typical oils for engines be it gas or diesel.

check powertorq congressional on fb.. they have mercon v. mag1 multi-atf 495/liter

they have different engine oils too...

I second the motion

Use only Ford ATF IF you will change it (most Ford cars have are sealed tranny, ergo no ATF change required). I wouldn't change a Ford ATF unless there's a problem, they're super ATF selective.

check also if there's an ATF dip stick, ELSE, you may have to bring it to a shop with an ATF exchanger like SPRINTER in E Rodriguez QC (across Caltex)
    Last edited by SidCoronel; October 11th, 2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Additional information

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    May na basa pala ako sa isang forum na Mercon V is not the same as ATF M-V.

>>
    2005 Mazda 3 ATF M-V Equivalent? | ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S | Bob Is The Oil Guy

About sa oils, since the 1st Gen of Mazda 3 and Ford Focus I think have similar parts, is this the case sa ATF and engine oil?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Guys, share ko lang to especially sa Mazda 3 owners.
    As of March 2018, Mazda's ATF per liter is P 517.85. I paid 4, 230 including labor. Yung Mazda 3 2.0 has 6 liters. For me, it's a good price na that's why I had my ATF changed sa Mazda. I canvassed din sa other auto repair shops pero more than 4K din ang cost using different ATF brand. Based sa na research ko online, nagka problem yung automatic transmission nila using other brands although may brands din naman na it ended up ok.
    Sabi ng Mazda agent, they partnered with Shell to create ATF specific for Mazda. I actually went to Shell pero they don't have the ATF na pwede sa Mazda 3.
    It's more than 3 weeks since ATF change and ok naman yung performance.
    Based on my research and experience, pag ATF go with casa na kahit cost is going to be more than 50% sa other auto shops. If engine oil, have it changed by your trusted mechanic or auto repair shops using other brands.