New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hello guys, may nakapag try na ba sa inyo magpa dual exhaust? I read na wala naman tong performance gain just for aesthetics purposes only but I like the style. Magkano kaya aabutin ung buong setup and saang shop pede magpagawa nito?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on your bumper cutouts. If you have to add a cutout, the price of the cutout itself will depend on whether you do it barok-style (just cut it) or have it molded in fiberglass. This should cost from 500-5000 pesos, then add the second muffler... about 3.5k for a piece of crap, or 6-8k for a decent one... if you have to buy two mufflers... add the price of the second one... extra pipe, about 1000-2000 pesos worth... and labor. They'll likely have to also weld in extra muffler supports for the second muffler and pipe, otherwise it'll bounce about in an ungainly fashion (I've seen some dual pipes that are obviously unsupported) and the welds will fail in short order.

Not worth it just for the looks, but to each his own...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    try fremuff or mufflerland

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Depends on your bumper cutouts. If you have to add a cutout, the price of the cutout itself will depend on whether you do it barok-style (just cut it) or have it molded in fiberglass. This should cost from 500-5000 pesos, then add the second muffler... about 3.5k for a piece of crap, or 6-8k for a decent one... if you have to buy two mufflers... add the price of the second one... extra pipe, about 1000-2000 pesos worth... and labor. They'll likely have to also weld in extra muffler supports for the second muffler and pipe, otherwise it'll bounce about in an ungainly fashion (I've seen some dual pipes that are obviously unsupported) and the welds will fail in short order.

Not worth it just for the looks, but to each his own...
    i see, ang gastos pala just to attain that looks. For now i'd better prioritize ung mags, angel eyes etc. Thanks for the advice sir niky

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    try fremuff or mufflerland
    thanks, Ill try this one

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I bought my altis 2nd hand with dual mufflers installed (by Atoy according to the previous owner). It really looks good but after a while, I'm wanting to revert it back to stock. Sakit sa ulo ng deep tone. hehe....tumatanda na ako....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pics nun dual exhaust ko. ordered sa states kaso pang legacy gt yun dumating. had fremuff cut the pipes and tig welded the new ones smooth, deep and mellow sya

pic from turbo wholesale website

BTW ano model ba yun auto mo?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I had my 1988 Maxima converted to dual exhaust. Depende talaga yan sa gagawa kung marunong. Kung sobra kasi ang laki ng ilalagay na pipe ay pwedeng mag-overheat ang engine etc... I'm very satisfied with the result of my conversion: cooler and more powerful engine. Although I never tested it on a dyno, yet, I felt the increase in acceleration.

This was what we did ( * a private shop with my friends ):
    1. we modified the manifold exhaust. Yung stock ay 4 pipes converging to just one. Ang ginawa namin ay 2:1, meaning, naging 2 na rin ang primary muffler (copied from a v8 setup). Medyo na-modify din yung underbody to accomodate the extra primary;
    2. we increased the size of the pipe's diameter after the primary (I can't disclose the exact size);
    3. and had the rear bumper cut out to accomodate the new config.

Here's a pict of my Maxima:

It sounded ridiculous to config a I4 (CA20) into a V8 exhaust ... at first. But it fitted quite fine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    pics nun dual exhaust ko. ordered sa states kaso pang legacy gt yun dumating. had fremuff cut the pipes and tig welded the new ones smooth, deep and mellow sya

pic from turbo wholesale website

BTW ano model ba yun auto mo?
    Jay, magkano inabot? and saan ang fremuff? TIA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    17t for the exhaust na megan racing lang nga. taiwan made. tapos pa fab ng stainless steel pipes w tig welds cost around 3t . fremuff is at san juan. santolan lang daan. pass by wheel gallery(on your right side) go straight lang just b4 pinaglabanan may LTO/seaoil/caltex(leftside) fire station(right) sa stoplight turn left then go straight tapos turn left sa intersection na may condo bldg sa right. go straight lang tapos mag fork yun road just stay sa left side. makita mo na fremuff sa right side of the street.if you miss fremuff labas mo din santolan sa may orange apartelle. labo ba? sorry di ko kabisado name ng streets. ito pala exact address
    332 J. Abad Santos Street, San Juan, Metro Manila.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dual Exhaust