New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I am considering buying a Mazda Familia 323 but I am not very much familiar with the brand. Can you guys please differentiate the Familia GLXI, GLI and GLX for me please?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Help please differentiate them for me. I want to know because I saw a few and they all have all-power interiors. I could not know the difference from their looks alone

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Help naman plisss

If I'm not mistaken:

GLX - unang labas na "big body". 1.6 EFI. Stock HU has CD changer sa trunk. All power features. May ABS. 1996-1997

GLXi - yung headlamps eh matalas na yung putol (compared sa obling-like headlamps ng GLX). May driver's side airbag na and iba na hitsura ng dashboard (2 aircon vents in the middle eh naka bulge pataas sa dashboard) 1.6EFI. 1997 till end of production.

GLi - bumpers are not body colored. No airbags, no ABS, no tachometer. All powered pa rin ang features. 1.6EFI. Lumabas nung early 1997.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung labas lang ang titignan mo, ito ang alam kong differences in stock form (at least for the 1997.5-up):

GLXi - with body color side mirrors and mudguards, foglamps, 3rd brake light, rear defogger and 7-spoke mags

Gli - black side mirrors and mudguards, no foglamps, no 3rd brake light, no rear defogger, with 6-spoke mags

Lxi (1.3L) - black side mirrors and mudguards, no foglamps, no 3rd brake light, with rear defogger and 5-spoke mags

GL (1.3L) - bare bones, no rubber strips sa doors, no mudguards, no foglamps, no 3rd brake light, no rear defogger, with steel rims only

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi you might want to drop by www.mazdatech.org, meron kaming thread po dun about the differences.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I saw two kinds of dashboards. The other one nasa baba ung stereo at nasa taas un a/c switch. the other one naman is vise versa. which model is which?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Oops. Sorry. Thanks for the information Coiter and Kompressor ^_^

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    do drop by our website as suggested by our webmaster lm723 at www.mazdatech.org youll learn a lot...

slight correction on coiters post..

" GL (1.3L) - bare bones, no rubber strips sa doors, no mudguards, no foglamps, no 3rd brake light, no rear defogger, with steel rims only "

- all power ( windows,mirrors,steering ) with rubber strips, with mudguards, no foglamps, no 3rd brakelight, with rear defogger, with mags 13", no ABS, no Airbag, no tachometer on guage cluster, no extra adjustments on driver seats except for the usual forward and backward slide, no headrest on back seat, carburetor based SOHC engine, 1997 1/2 up model which is known as gen 2.5 has a more symmetrical dash, radio slot can be mounted on a standard 1din either upper or lower part.

in a nutshell...summary

there are 3 generations of mazda 323/familia

gen 1 - box type from 1993-1996 ( pero may lumabas pa old stocks by 97 which is all power ) 1.3 and 1.6 SOHC carb based engines only

gen 2 - big body more circular 1996-1997/12, 1.6 DOHC efi engines only, 3 variants, Gli, Glx, and the MS or MazdaSpeed version which is a Glx with Mazdaspeed ( original ) goodies installed

gen 2.5 - almost same as gen 2 1997 1/2-2000, difference is no more signal lights in the front bumper, rounder headlights than gen 2.5, main body and read are nearly the same, front and rear bumper has built in lip, comes in 4 variants, GL, Lx ( rare ) Gli, Glxi, comes in carb based 1.3 engine for the GL and 1.6 DOHC efi for the upper models

gen 1's are "generally" referred to as 323's, gen 2 and 2.5's are familias which is most likely the ones your referring to...HTH

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    yung sakin 1998 GLXi add ko lang Digital na yung odometer at tripmeter
    may SRS Airbag na din sa steering wheel

Difference of Mazda Familia variants