New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga tsikoters... It's my first time to have a car and Im glad to see this forum

I bought a Mazda 3 1.6L V sedan and plan to install a cobra alarm. I hesitated to have the cobra alarm installed by the seller as the car's warranty might be void.

My question is:
    1. Will the casa accept to install the cobra car alarm?
    2. How much do you think it will cost if the casa will install it?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Why would you install an aftermarket alarm on your 3? It comes with factory keyless entry and alarm system already. It would only complicate the wiring.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Why would you install an aftermarket alarm on your 3? It comes with factory keyless entry and alarm system already. It would only complicate the wiring.
    Do you know how to simulate the alarm? Cause I haven't heard if Mazda 3 alarm is sufficient enough to be noticed if there is a force entry so Im looking for 3rd party alarm.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by migs267 View Post
    Do you know how to simulate the alarm? Cause I haven't heard if Mazda 3 alarm is sufficient enough to be noticed if there is a force entry so Im looking for 3rd party alarm.
    Try this if it would work.

1. Using the remote keyless entry key, lock the doors by pressing the lock button
    (try pressing once or twice)
    2. then open one of the doors using the real key(not the unlock button)

The the loud Mazda3 horn should shout loudly.
    Last edited by lamborghinione; July 21st, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Try this if it would work.

1. Using the remote keyless entry key, lock the doors by pressing the lock button
    (try pressing once or twice)
    2. then open one of the doors using the real key(not the unlock button)

The the loud Mazda3 horn should shout loudly.

I tried your instruction but it does not work. I double lock the car and use a spare key to open the driver side door. I pulled the door handle and listen if there is an alarm but unfortunately I heard nothing. Though I cant still open the door which is good.

Is there something wrong with the security of the car? OR this feature is only available on Mazda 3 2.0R A/T. By the way, my car is Mazda 3 1.6V.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I tried your instruction but it does not work. I double lock the car and use a spare key to open the driver side door. I pulled the door handle and listen if there is an alarm but unfortunately I heard nothing. Though I cant still open the door which is good.

Is there something wrong with the security of the car? OR this feature is only available on Mazda 3 2.0R A/T. By the way, my car is Mazda 3 1.6V.
    My V's alarm activates whenever the door is actually opened.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My V's alarm activates whenever the door is actually opened.

That is strange... I cannot open the driver side door or any door using the spare key if the car is lock/double lock by keyless entry control.

But you said, you can open your car door using a spare key when it is double lock? What did you use to lock your car? a key or the keyless control?

Mine is still lock... Maybe the alarm will just sound if the door is actually open..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That is strange... I cannot open the driver side door or any door using the spare key if the car is lock/double lock by keyless entry control.

But you said, you can open your car door using a spare key when it is double lock? What did you use to lock your car? a key or the keyless control?

Mine is still lock... Maybe the alarm will just sound if the door is actually open..
    Sorry for the confusion.

Try this instead:

1. Sit in the driver's seat. Close the door.
    2. Lock the door by pressing the lock key of the remote key ONCE.
    3. Then manually open the driver side door. Loud horn should activate. (This simulates someone had forcibly opened the door)
    Last edited by lamborghinione; July 23rd, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sorry for the confusion.

Try this instead:

1. Sit in the driver's seat. Close the door.
    2. Lock the door by pressing the lock key of the remote key ONCE.
    3. Then manually open the driver side door. Loud horn should activate. (This simulates someone had forcibly opened the door)
    Hmmm... I can't open any door from the inside after locking using the keyless entry..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hmmm... I can't open any door from the inside after locking using the keyless entry..
    Hmmm, the alarm settings for the 2010 units might have been changed already.

Anyway, if you still want to install cobra, just look for any Mazda dealer
    that can accept third party installation of alarm system without voiding
    the warranty for Mazda 3's electrical systems. I have no idea which dealer accepts this type of job and how much would it cost.

If cobra was installed by a non-Mazda dealer, only the electrical systems warranty will be cancelled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cobra Alarm for New Mazda 3 under warranty