New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello fellow tsikoter,good day to all.I have mazda 3 hb 2005 model,40,000km pa lang ang mileage.I noticed a strong vibration when I start a cold engine in the morning, then after few minutes, it disappears,it only started just few days ago. please help..thanks in advanced.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrn View Post
    hello fellow tsikoter,good day to all.I have mazda 3 hb 2005 model,40,000km pa lang ang mileage.I noticed a strong vibration when I start a cold engine in the morning, then after few minutes, it disappears,it only started just few days ago. please help..thanks in advanced.

if you are in brooklyn, it sure is cold right now. you might need to winterize your car. i.e., check/replace antifreeze/coolant, check specific gravity of the electrolyte, change your oil with a suitable multiviscosity motor oil that matches your ambient temperature. have a scan of your coolant temperature sensor and check if it matches the reading with specs and do the same with the intake air temperature sensor. often times, during the cold months, you need to change your fuel with winter grade gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if you are in brooklyn, it sure is cold right now. you might need to winterize your car. i.e., check/replace antifreeze/coolant, check specific gravity of the electrolyte, change your oil with a suitable multiviscosity motor oil that matches your ambient temperature. have a scan of your coolant temperature sensor and check if it matches the reading with specs and do the same with the intake air temperature sensor. often times, during the cold months, you need to change your fuel with winter grade gasoline.
    o I forgot to say im in the philippines,am on my vacation w/ my family.sorry, I apologized.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    o I forgot to say im in the philippines,am on my vacation w/ my family.sorry, I apologized.

what was the last thing done to the car prior to this symptom?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nothing much was done,its just we use it less frequent like every 3 to 4 days.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Sounds like something wrong with the idle-up of the engine. It's supposed to increase the fuel flow on cold engine starts to help it warm up smoothly. Either a sensor (my guess: temperature sensor) is faulty or the solenoid is not working right.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sounds like something wrong with the idle-up of the engine. It's supposed to increase the fuel flow on cold engine starts to help it warm up smoothly. Either a sensor (my guess: temperature sensor) is faulty or the solenoid is not working right.
    sounds right.thanks bro,i'll have it checked.

car vibration