New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    2017 10Best Cars
    "With the evaluation over, the votes tallied, and the staff exhausted, these 10 models emerge victorious.
    Welcome to our 2017 10Best Cars. Each year for more than three decades, we’ve put dozens of new cars through thousands of miles of cumulative evaluation to determine our annual list of the very best automobiles for sale in America. The rules for consideration are simple: Entrants must cost less than $80,000 (anything pricier should be excellent by default), and they must be either a returning winner or all-new or significantly revised. Winning isn’t easy, however—in order to take home a trophy, a vehicle must offer good value, excel at its given mission, and, critically, deliver a pleasurable driving experience. These 10 cars deliver all of those qualities in spades. While none of them are perfect, they come closer to that ideal than anything else you can buy new."
    THE WINNERS:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Three Chevrolets? Last I checked, their cars have mediocre ratings from Consumer Reports and many complaints from owners. I wonder if they're a major advertiser for Car and Driver magazine...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyJr View Post
    Three Chevrolets? Last I checked, their cars have mediocre ratings from Consumer Reports and many complaints from owners. I wonder if they're a major advertiser for Car and Driver magazine...
    I think they consider the drive experience aspect more than the ownership aspect.

The Accord has been on that list since time immemorial.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think they consider the drive experience aspect more than the ownership aspect.

The Accord has been on that list since time immemorial.
    The Accord and Golf are the perennial entries to this exclusive list. The practical yet sporty cars that answer most of the needs of the common driver and the enthusiast.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Accord and Golf are the perennial entries to this exclusive list. The practical yet sporty cars that answer most of the needs of the common driver and the enthusiast.
    Back when i used to read C&D regularly, the 10 best winners were the Accord, B13 Sentra SE-R and A32 Maxima SE.

On a side note, Brock Yates passed on fairly recently.