New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'd like to get cruise control installed in my Mazda3. How much would it cost and what is the best way of doing this? Casa, or DIY?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    cruise control for city driving or highways? kasi kung for city, it's pretty useless. i never use it unless i'm cruising along sctex

as to the price, i'd say mahal siya if ever since you'd have to tap to your engine, electronics for rpm, etc etc.

imo, not a smart move to install, just get a car that has it aready.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you can, if the local Mazda3 comes with it (controls/access just not installed).

For the local Civic, you can add cruise control by purchasing the steering wheel control/switch and a harness to tap into the ECU. Not that expensive, and quite handy if you'll be doing frequent highway driving.

Maybe the local Mazda forums can help you with this?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Best to look on the US forums... maybe someone there has done the conversion.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Search mo sa mazda247 forum. Somebody did this with a Mazda3 and Mazda5 for less than 500 Dollars. Lahat ng part na kailangan mo available with all the P/N from online mazda parts dealer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThicbLuE View Post
    Search mo sa mazda247 forum. Somebody did this with a Mazda3 and Mazda5 for less than 500 Dollars. Lahat ng part na kailangan mo available with all the P/N from online mazda parts dealer.
    Should have linked to that forum, myself... since I'm a member... but I don't go into the Mazda3 section much...

Be aware, though... that shipping and customs duties will increase that price if you were to do it over here.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. (Sorry for this late reply).

Yep, I did come across one U.S. forum posting where he was able to install cruise control himself (seems to be a simple 20 minute job).

It seems that cruise control functionality is already built in; it's only a matter of installing the interface.

Recently I have been doing quite a bit of highway driving (Laguna to Makati) so cruise control would be helpful. I was hoping the CASA could install it. Does this mean most mazda3s in the Philippines don't have cruise control? Anyway, thanks guys.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by estok View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. (Sorry for this late reply).

Yep, I did come across one U.S. forum posting where he was able to install cruise control himself (seems to be a simple 20 minute job).

It seems that cruise control functionality is already built in; it's only a matter of installing the interface.

Recently I have been doing quite a bit of highway driving (Laguna to Makati) so cruise control would be helpful. I was hoping the CASA could install it. Does this mean most mazda3s in the Philippines don't have cruise control? Anyway, thanks guys.
    Not unless they installed it themselves... nope.

Can I get cruise control added to my Mazda3?