New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ano ang pinaka the best jan?

ano mas matipid sa gas??

at ilan ang fuel consumption???

at ano maganda pagdating sa performance...

tnx hehehe!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    naku puro malalakas sa gas ang mga binanggit mong modelo ng kotse.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    lahat yan maganda...pero it depends kung anu talaga hinahanap mu between performance and fuel consumption...pinakamatipid na diyan ang 1.6

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    parang nde yata tamang i-compare ang 900K Mazda 3 vs 1.6M na Mazda6...
    if money is not an object... nobrainer na sagot dito...

if it is, then get the 1.6V.. our relative's 1 yr old 1.6 mazda 3 gurgles 7km/l (90% city/10% Highway) on a good day...

the price difference na 700K sa mazda 6 should last you a looong time... kahit 2.0 pa kunin mo..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you want the most economical, get the Mazda3 1.6. The 1.6 isn't that bad for a 4-speedt automatic 1.6... but Mazda equips their four speeds with an ungodly long 2nd gear. What this means is that in traffic, if you want the car to accelerate hard enough to keep up with everyone else, you use more gas. Not like the Corolla, where you just goose the throttle a bit and it surges forward.

Drive it conservatively (not eco-run slow, just take it easy) and you get decent economy. You can get 10-14 km/l on the SLEX, which is about par with everything else this size with a slushbox.

The Mazda3 2.0R is a fun car to drive. Still that terrible 4-speed box, but the handling is still very good compared to the other compacts on the market (if you can believe it, it slaloms faster than a Lancer EX, a Focus TDCi or a Subaru Impreza 2.0R) and it comes with a nice interior and a sunroof.

If you want nothing but the best, the Mazda6 is the choice amongst your choices. Best and biggest interior, best looking, fastest, best transmission (5-speed AT)... not the best economy, but not terrible on the highway, like the CX9 is (don't know about the CX7 yet), as it gets economy comparable to Honda's 2.4 liter engine. (Mazda's is a 2.5).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ya, the Mazda 3 1.6 has better highway mileage compared with its city mileage. I think it has something to do with its good aerodynamic design which its successor the 2010 Mazda 3 has already the class tying 0.29 drag coefficient making it more efficient in highway driving.

OT.

I wish Mazda will introduce immediately their next generation fuel efficient SKY series engines in mass production which I think rivals that of Honda's.