New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i know mazdas are really good and reliable cars. Actually nung bata pa ako dream ko magkaroon ng mazda kasi lagi ko napapanood sa tv yung sila jetman at fiveman gamit nila mazda and sponsored by mazda kotse nila. Pero to this age na reachable na ang isang kotse , bakit walang M/T ANG MAZDA?

Yung MX-5 lang ata yung M/T nila. Sayang naman at least man lang yung mazda 3 sana may M/T

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i think there's serious mental problem on Mazda Philippine's product planners. they'r the reason we don't have them. also i just laugh whenever i ask a sales agent why there's no manual tranny and they say the "sports shifter" is manual already.... torque converters suck power....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    oo hahaha! yun din sinabi sakin ng agent. I was like duh thats just an automatic with some fancy gimmick .paddle shifters are even more manual than that. May MT ba yung mazda 6 abroad? If they would release an MT version of the Mazda 6 wala nang mailalaban yung camry at accord tsk tsk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Meron dito sa US. I've seen several Mspeed3, Mspeed6, and RX-8s. 40 to 50 Hp more ang mga MTs compared sa ATs. There aren't any MT CX-7s and CX-9s here pero I think Japanese and Euro versions do.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Meron din MT na regular Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 BTW.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Blame the local product planners I guess.

Locally, if people can opt out of a manual gearbox, they usually will. I'm fine with that, but not having any choice in the matter is a little silly I think.

Then again, this is the same logic that saw the FD2 Civic 2.0S M/Ts phased out in less than a year.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzmage_89 View Post
    oo hahaha! yun din sinabi sakin ng agent. I was like duh thats just an automatic with some fancy gimmick .paddle shifters are even more manual than that. May MT ba yung mazda 6 abroad? If they would release an MT version of the Mazda 6 wala nang mailalaban yung camry at accord tsk tsk
    Meron din Manuall tranny na Minivan. Mazda5

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka nasa market study na nila na wala nang bumibili ng manual or the volume is just too small to justify the cost of building and marketing it. in addition, baka ang gusto nila, kung manual hanap mo, e ford focus bilhin mo.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep I thinks its more of studying the market. In the Civic's case it was withdrawn due to weak demand for the 2.0 M/T since people who buy the 2.0 models have the money and are more likely looking for luxury so madalas yung A/T na kinukuha... There are of course fans of M/T but they might not be big enough that they can be ignored...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... on the top-of-the-line, it's understandable to stay AT, because buyers have more money and want the luxury, but for a 1.6 model to NOT have an MT option? That's a disservice and cutting out a whole section of the market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bakit walang M/T ang mazda