New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sometimes a 1997 model sells for only 120k.. all power pa..

and ano ano ang mga variants nito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka ex-taxi. saka sadyang mababa ang resale ng 323, ewan ko ba bakit. meron nga ako nabili na model 1997 323 nung december 1998 140k lang e.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    baka ex-taxi. saka sadyang mababa ang resale ng 323, ewan ko ba bakit. meron nga ako nabili na model 1997 323 nung december 1998 140k lang e.
    it's because of the marketing image when mazda was last active inthe late 1990s especially when they pulled out.

bad for the first hand owners but in reality, it's a bang for the buck car. hindi ka mapapahiya sa kanya, i should know. but dont get an ex-taxi baka laspagin na yan.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pansin ko sa mga 323 kalawangin yung wheel wells sa rear. yung mga kasabayan na toyota at mitsu wala pa kalawang, yung sa 323 tagos na sa kalawang.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Filipino impression din na ang Mazda is mahal ang parts and availability of parts as well.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    1. parts availability
    2. familia/323 automatic transmission problems are an a$$ to fix.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    pansin ko sa mga 323 kalawangin yung wheel wells sa rear. yung mga kasabayan na toyota at mitsu wala pa kalawang, yung sa 323 tagos na sa kalawang.
    Youre right. Sakit yan ng 323/familia in that era because yung parang gutter sa loob ng wheel arc nalalagyan ng mga putik. Some just cling int he gutter kaya pag nababasa ng katagalan at napabayaan doon magsisimula ang peklat. Yung maintenance lang nito ay lagi mong hugasan ito every carwash.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    1. parts availability
    2. familia/323 automatic transmission problems are an a$$ to fix.
    1. Not today. Madami ka nang mabibilhan na parts sa banaue unlike before. And there are shops like Golden Isuzu, Autorama, Karmelcon, Kia Pasay (former mazda dealership) that carries new or replacement parts.

2. Yup. Kung hindi inalagaan ang previous owner ang A/T niya its going to be a headache. I'd rather advised on the M/T instead. Still I know owners who have good A/Ts dahil alaga talaga nila. Ask Caloyski.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    Still I know owners who have good A/Ts dahil alaga talaga nila. Ask Caloyski.
    Caloyski from Protegetech can certainly attest to this.

IMHO, the reason for the car's poor resale value is the way it was marketed here by Columbian motors. When the 323 was initially released in 1994 it sold for about 380k, then in 1995 it was 418k. The all power version came out in 96 for only 388k (which ticked the buyers of the 95 version off). Last price change was in the late 90's when they marketed the car as, 'The Great White Shark' for only 299k. This last variant was also an LX with black bumpers and steel rims, with all power features. I think this was what gave the car the TAXI image and also prevented the earlier buyers of the car to sell it at a decent price.

Nevertheless, I've had mine for 12 years (1995 model) and I don't regret choosing it over the other cars in its class at the time. It had the most features, a good engine and ride.

Variants of the 323 include:

- SE 1.6 ltr Carb SOHC, all power
    - GLX 1.6 ltr Carb SOHC, power steering
    - LX 1.3 ltr Carb SOHC.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honestly, hindi alaga tranny ko. bwehehe

lately lang talaga nung nagloko. my car's mileage is 100k kms already. had atf changed back in 40k kms. nagloko yung tranny ko around 90k kms. problem was sinusumpong ang shifting. minsan nag fi-first gear, minsan hindi. blacksheep autoworks, one of PTP's accredited shops, had the atf changed and told me to drive ala-manual tranny shifting L->S->D when coming from a stop. they said do it for a week kahit na feel ko walang pag-asa na except for manual tranny swap (type ko). pero after a week, naging ok. (awwww) had the atf changed again. problem didnt go back (sayang. lol!)

para hindi OT,

poor marketing of mazda despite strong showing in motorsports.

owner of columbian focused on other businesses (afaik, agriculture na)

stopping of selling of 323 familia to introduce ford lynx (323 familia's next model)

the "pullout" of mazda back in 1999 which led to 3 mazda owners uniting to form what we now call protegetech philippines
    Last edited by caloyski5; June 30th, 2007 at 12:15 PM.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bakit mura ang used mazda 323?