New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interesting:

Mazda owners won't have to spend on maintenance for first 3 years - News | TopGear.com.ph

Here's something that should make buyers notice the rebuilding Mazda brand. Berjaya Auto Philippines, the exclusive distributor of Mazda vehicles in the country, is making car ownership a stress- and hassle-free experience by launching its "Yojin 3 Mazda Total Care" new-vehicle service program.

Derived from the Japanese word "youjin," which translates to "care" in English, Yojin 3 is Berjaya Auto Philippines' approach to "a worry-free ownership experience." For three years or 60,000km--whichever comes first--new Mazda owners will enjoy free periodic service maintenance covering parts, labor and lubricants.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    There will be max 7 maintenance session in the first 3 yrs, first on 1Tkm, then the next ones after every 10000km or 6months whichever comes first. Assuming an average maintenance cost of P6000, the 3-yr free PMS means 7xP6k=P42k.

Better ask for more cash discount. Last Dec, Mazda was offering as much as P300k cash discount for CX9. But that was due to end of year target quota.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    retro-active ba 'yan ser sa previously purchased cars or only for new buy?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's only for January 1, 2013 onwards. Panalo sana yung mga CX9 buyers last year kung sakali - may cash discount na, may free maintenance pa.

Sakto *ano727. Was looking for that statistic. P42K is 14 gasoline fill ups at P3K each. Not bad, but pale in comparison to the P200-300K discount from last year. From a non-CX9 buyer's perspective, I think the free maintenance is a good come on, if Mazda can translate it into real world average figures.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ayos ito sa Mazda BT-50. Yung mga pangharabas, sulit na sulit!!!!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Some posters / commenters about this article fail to realize that the 40k pms is a major one, with an owner spending between 15-25k to replace all fluids, filters, etc. then factor in the other 5 PMS skeds at say 5-6k each, then that would result to a 55k value.

Another factor to consider is that some owners actually miss their PMS skeds due to the fact that they'd have to pay for this while also paying for other monthly bills such as utilities, expenses at home, and their monthly amortization to pay-off their car. I think the best thing about this is that you wouldn't have to worry that you'll miss your PMS sked due to budget issues.

I think this is also better than extended warranty because you immediately feel the effects. Plus the fact that it's so hard to claim for warranty from other brands after the initial 3-year warranty (the 2 extra years are actually covered by an insurance provider).

But yeah I guess to each his own. Some buyers will still prefer an outright discount versus something you'd feel gradually.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Some posters / commenters about this article fail to realize that the 40k pms is a major one, with an owner spending between 15-25k to replace all fluids, filters, etc. then factor in the other 5 PMS skeds at say 5-6k each, then that would result to a 55k value.

Another factor to consider is that some owners actually miss their PMS skeds due to the fact that they'd have to pay for this while also paying for other monthly bills such as utilities, expenses at home, and their monthly amortization to pay-off their car. I think the best thing about this is that you wouldn't have to worry that you'll miss your PMS sked due to budget issues.

I think this is also better than extended warranty because you immediately feel the effects. Plus the fact that it's so hard to claim for warranty from other brands after the initial 3-year warranty (the 2 extra years are actually covered by an insurance provider).

But yeah I guess to each his own. Some buyers will still prefer an outright discount versus something you'd feel gradually.
    Teka, hindi mo naman ititigil ang PMS eh, libre lang ito kaya more reason to go to the casa afaik.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Is there a discount for the bt50?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post

Well, true, to each his own. But I agree with you that this trumps HARI's supposed 3/5 year warranty that has all those hidden conditions. I would have this over the HARI warranty.

What is the PMS schedule for Mazda? Is it every 3 months/5,000 kms or 6 months/10,000 kms? Ry_Tower is right in saying that this could and probably would make the customers come more often, since libre naman. The amount saved isn't something to scoff at. That's at least P42K (in my earlier estimation) to P55K or even more kept in your pocket. But it does pale in comparison to the outright cash discount on the CX-9 last year.

So, if you're getting a CX-9, the P200-300K outright cash discount would be the better option. But for any other Mazda without that big a discount, for sure this would be a good proposition.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mazda's PMS is every 10,000 or 6 mos whichever comes first. Germs calculation is true especially with the major PMS which are 20k, 40k and 60k. It is a very good deal na rin even if there is no cash discount.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast