New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 448 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by go-to-guy View Post
    That's why I opted for 3M Nomad-like mats and have them cut to fit the floor. For me it's more stylish and it doesn't look dirty as with the bucket-type floor mats.
    Hi there, GTG [emoji4] you a Raptors fan?

Anyway... I'm getting excited about my vinyl mats. I hope to get them this coming weekend. I wonder if they would look as stylish as your Nomad-s.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them [emoji4]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    There's our guy right there, Baby Shark. Mr. T is like a walking User's Manual and/or Yellow Pages [emoji4]

I opted for the silver M3 because it's easier to maintain; and cheaper, needless to say. Like polar said...

BUT...

REALLY...

I use chamois for drying... I'm getting worried that there might be wipe marks all over and I just don't notice them because the paint is silver

I learned to love the use of chamois because it tones my arms as well... and maybe karate in the near future.
    After rinsing the shampoo away, sheet the droplets off....Then, drag the clean side of the chamois lightly to absorb all the excess moisture. Flip, drag....rinse, wring, repeat. Then let the muscle-toning w/ the microfiber start.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Hi there, GTG [emoji4] you a Raptors fan?

Anyway... I'm getting excited about my vinyl mats. I hope to get them this coming weekend. I wonder if they would look as stylish as your Nomad-s.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them [emoji4]
    Yes ma'am big Raps here😄 what's your team?

My floor mats were cut and piped from the owner I got my leather seat covers from. He offered it for free😁

It's actually black but looks gray due to the flash of the camera.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yes ma'am big Raps here[emoji1] what's your team?

My floor mats were cut and piped from the owner I got my leather seat covers from. He offered it for free[emoji16]

Whoah...free beats hobo.[emoji108]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    After rinsing the shampoo away, sheet the droplets off....Then, drag the clean side of the chamois lightly to absorb all the excess moisture. Flip, drag....rinse, wring, repeat. Then let the muscle-toning w/ the microfiber start.[emoji4]

Alternative: I use Microtex Elite Drying Towels (Microtex MX-1S Elite Junior Towel (Cleaning Cloth) | Lazada PH)

Pro: Eliminates the risk of grit caught in a chamois from rubbing against the paint

Con: Once it is wet I can’t use them again (hence I use more than one towel) and would need to ensure these are properly washed/ rinsed. [emoji23]

But that’s just me...I usually take waay more than hour to wash the car. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Alternative: I use Microtex Elite Drying Towels (Microtex MX-1S Elite Junior Towel (Cleaning Cloth) | Lazada PH)

Pro: Eliminates the risk of grit caught in a chamois from rubbing against the paint

Con: Once it is wet I can’t use them again (hence I use more than one towel) and would need to ensure these are properly washed/ rinsed. [emoji23]

But that’s just me...I usually take waay more than hour to wash the car. Hahaha.

It's great to be learning shared tricks. Thanks! DIY washes are a great way to exhale.[emoji4]

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    It's great to be learning shared tricks. Thanks! DIY washes are a great way to exhale.[emoji4]

Very true sir! I wash the car when I need to chill or contemplate [emoji51]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Not familiar with the proper washing methods or tricks or materials used that you guys are talking about, I don't even know what chamois is [emoji32](sorry newbie here) but what I bought was 3m microfiber and 3m for glass. Planning to buy 2 wash mitt turtle brand for washing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Yes ma'am big Raps here[emoji1] what's your team?

My floor mats were cut and piped from the owner I got my leather seat covers from. He offered it for free[emoji16]

What I like about nomad-styled mats is that it easily hides those dusts and small dirt. It's highly durable too. I bought an original 3M Nomad mats for a 1st gen CRV more than 15 years ago. Still looks good and comfy to step on.

The only problem with nomad-styled mats is with water spillage or wet shoes, tends to slide off at the edges. Cleaning it can be a challenge if there are dirt and other rubbish trapped deep inside those loops.

Overall, it's a good all weather mat choice between expensive floor liners and cheap plastic mats.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Shark View Post
    Haha thanks sir. Iniisip ko nga din kung mag papa lagay din ako ng coat. Is it worth it? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ceramic coating is a good option for protecting your car's paint finish. There are some disadvantages with it though compared to old school car waxing:

Ceramic Coatings vs Waxing. Explained - YouTube