New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello fellow tsikoteers, I've been looking around for a Mazda Miata How much would it normally cause? And does it need a lot of maintanace? What should i check first when i see one? How does it handle? Thanks

sa carfinder meron...500k+?...check it..local lang yata yun...maganda yung imported. not sure.

city

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mazda miata's being sold here are overpriced. Try finding one in and around the 300k mark and you might have a good deal as long as its not converted. The miata i rode on may have a bit of a stiff suspension but it handle very well, a good toy car to buy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honestly, the ones i see for sale are overpriced as ale828 says. this is because later models were never brought in here kaya it still commands a premium.. just like the civic hatch. imo, if you can find one for a good price go for it. but if its more than 300K, well remember that youre buying a roughly a 10 year old car.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    remember that the miata was selling at 700k back when it was new. usual going price for a good local version is around 400k. this is still considered a sports car and thus, practicality is thrown out the window. what you do get is the most smiles per miles in this car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda! great project car! who cares if its 10 years old hehe, makes a really dandy toy car !

if you watched discovery channel's episode of the best sports car ever made... no. 2 ang miata!...the comment was its more like for women but who cares?...if i have the money i'd buy one!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    napanood ko nga yung episode ng discover on the 10 best sports cars. no 2 ang miata mainly because of its longevity, reliability and affordability among others. it also handles well. but it's definitely not a drag racer. its a great daily driver because of its small size. maintenance is not that expensive or difficult since its engine (the 1.6L) and some of its body parts are similar to that of the locally released familia. in cebu nagdagsaan ang mga sports cars. from the miata to the toyota mr2 and even the nissan skyline. but i think the miata is the most practical since may locally released version kaya sure na may parts. i think the prices there range from high 200k to low 300k. plus mga 10k cguro for shipping, it would still cost below 400k. anyway, i would also get one if i was single or if it were my 2nd or 3rd car (syempre family car ang priority ko). good luck!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the resale price of a local Miata is quite high... the usual selling price for one is around 400K++.

if it is lower than that, it might be a converted unit from Japan...

just check the idling of the vehicle... that is one weak point of the B6 engine (if it wasn't properly maintained).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    find a 1.6L miata and not the 1.8L. ready for a turbo na yung 1.6L eh. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mazda Miata