New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Not sure bro. But lifestyle pickups to me will forever be an oxymoron.
    Haha! yeah, personally don't have a preference for them as well, but I do see that there are sales for those types of pickups that aren't used for cargo or offroad. So maybe the main goal of Mazda is just to try to take a bite of that pie. But for SUVs, they aren't as aggressive in their attempts maybe because they are making themselves to be a premium marquee that is mass market, they already have their crossovers to cater CX5, CX7 and CX9.

If they do say make an SUV from the BT50, will it be a CX if we use their naming convention? what does the BT mean and does CX code mean for Mazda branding? i honestly have forgotten if it means anything at all.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Haha! yeah, personally don't have a preference for them as well, but I do see that there are sales for those types of pickups that aren't used for cargo or offroad. So maybe the main goal of Mazda is just to try to take a bite of that pie. But for SUVs, they aren't as aggressive in their attempts because, since they are making themselves to be a premium marquee that is mass market, they have their crossovers to cater CX5, CX7 and CX9.

If they do say make an SUV from the BT50, will it be a CX if we use their naming convention? what does the BT mean and does CX code mean for Mazda branding? i honestly have forgotten if it means anything at all.
    Maraming pickup dito that are decked out, souped up and never even see a load in the back or offroad action. But in other ASEAN markets it is pretty mixed. Pickups are mostly workhorses in Thailand. In Indonesia they barely sell any.

A PPV would probably eat into their CX8 and CX9 sales since it is Right smack into that price range. CX7 not offered anymore IIRC. But most buyers in this segment are here because of the diesel engines. Might be worth a look for them.

BT-50 was also the code for their Ford twin pickup before. I think not included in their current naming scheme. Potential Mazda PPV might be named CX70 daw according to Carguide Ph.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; November 12th, 2021 at 02:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For ASEAN and Australia, does the Lifestyle Pickup Market have higher demand/annual sales than SUVs/PPVs?
    SUV vs 1-ton pick-up
    *including PPV/MPVs will make things complicated as the Avanza really sells well in Indonesia

looking at Aus top 10 cars for 2020, yes Utes outsold SUVs

same with Thailand's 2020 sales

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Mazda launches 2022 BT-50, prices start at PHP 1.390M -AUTOINDUSTRIYA

Under the hood, the BT-50 is only available with one engine, a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel inline-four. It makes 190 PS along with 450 Nm of torque. If those figures look familiar, that's because it's the same 4JJ3-TCX engine that's available on the D-Max. Power is then sent to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic with sequential shift.
    BT50 does not have RZ4E.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Mazda launches 2022 BT-50, prices start at PHP 1.390M | Autoindustriya

The first 200 BT-50 customers, regardless of variant, will get a special accessory package from Mazda Philippines including a bed cover. The 4x4 and the 4x2 A/T variants come with bedliners as standard. Warranty is at 3 years, and it comes with the 5-year free PMS as with all other Mazda models.

Pricing for the 2022 BT-50 is as follows:

2022 Mazda BT-50 3.0L 4x2 6-M/T – PHP 1,390,000
    2022 Mazda BT-50 3.0L 4x2 6-A/T – PHP 1,430,000
    2022 Mazda BT-50 3.0L 4x4 6-A/T – PHP 1,790,000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post21223_8.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thumbs up for not adopting the rear integrated bumper. Mahal paayos nun DMax after being rearended'

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Thumbs up for not adopting the rear integrated bumper. Mahal paayos nun DMax after being rearended'
    ironic, mas nasa character ng Mazda yung seamless integrated look vs sa Isuzu na workhorse image

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I like this

it looks very decent and the interior is nice

It comes with 5 years free maintenance too

slightly expensive though compared to rivals

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This thing is fast...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast