New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Would like to hear and share feedback on the new CX-9. Had mine for 3 weeks now but have only been driving it for 2 weeks while waiting for the OR/CR. My first impressions are: it's doesn't feel like you are driving a big car, the car has a lot of torque!, more than what I expected, because of this it picks up quickly (lakas ng hatak), very smooth driving experience, the speakers are great, complimented by the cladding which shuts out noise. Lots of useful safety features like lane departure, blind spot, speed sensing locks, rear cross traffic alert, and proximity sensors. I have to get used to the size. It is long and wide, not as wide as the traiblazer or the explorer, but longer. Headlights are bright and clear. Brighter and clearer than the 6. I wish they had smart city braking installed on the PH version but not sure how that would work with our traffic. I am glad it does not have i-stop! Side view mirrors are NOT autofold as advertised on the brochure but only power-fold.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    How's the FC?

Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    Would like to hear and share feedback on the new CX-9. Had mine for 3 weeks now but have only been driving it for 2 weeks while waiting for the OR/CR. My first impressions are: it's doesn't feel like you are driving a big car, the car has a lot of torque!, more than what I expected, because of this it picks up quickly (lakas ng hatak), very smooth driving experience, the speakers are great, complimented by the cladding which shuts out noise. Lots of useful safety features like lane departure, blind spot, speed sensing locks, rear cross traffic alert, and proximity sensors. I have to get used to the size. It is long and wide, not as wide as the traiblazer or the explorer, but longer. Headlights are bright and clear. Brighter and clearer than the 6. I wish they had smart city braking installed on the PH version but not sure how that would work with our traffic. I am glad it does not have i-stop! Side view mirrors are NOT autofold as advertised on the brochure but only power-fold.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    FC is great for a car this size. 7ish around metro traffic. Got a coupla good friends who just got this amazingly torquey 4 banger petrol nodding & grinning.
    TGP had the same to say...
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/drives/re...a1219-20170711

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Fuel consumption so far, per the vehicle's trip meter is between 4.3 - 4.7 Km/liter. That includes a 2 hour trip from the house to SM that covered about 9 Kms. Maybe not representative of the car's efficiency, perhaps over time and with better traffic, I can clock 5-6 Km/liter.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Fuel consumption so far, per the vehicle's trip meter is between 4.3 - 4.7 Km/liter. That includes a 2 hour trip from the house to SM that covered about 9 Kms. Maybe not representative of the car's efficiency, perhaps over time and with better traffic, I can clock 5-6 Km/liter.
    Do the average Full Tank-Full Tank Method. FC in still traffic can be very bad for just about any car.....Burning fuel with no distance ran can theoretically read 0km/l.2018 cx-9

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So they installed the BSM on new releases. Mine doesn't come with BSM.

Have you noticed the front proximity sensors don't activate without putting the car in reverse first?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Does it have intelligent cruise control.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Does it have intelligent cruise control.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Nope.

Signature

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It has Blind Spot Monitoring and along with it Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA). I thought RCTA was not included as our version does not have Smart City Braking, which is standard on all 2018 variants. I was surprised when the vehicle generated alerts as I was backing out of a parking slot to let me know a car was approaching from my left at 90 degrees. The heads up display is cool too as the alerts can be easily seen.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    How's the FC?
    Got the unit last Oct 30

Hopefully it can hit an average of 10 km/L, but it already exceeded my expectations in terms of fuel economy. I was only expecting approx. 7-8 km/L for a vehicle this size.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast