New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Maganda ang CX7 pero malamang mas marami paring bibili ng Tucson ix dahil diesel at mas mura yan..Yang CX7 eh 2WD lang sya for now ang available rito..
    The CBU from Japan CX-7 is bigger than the Tucson.
    Its roughly the same size as the Santa Fe, but with a lower sportier roofline (its a 5-seater).
    Last edited by AG4; September 14th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Maganda ang CX7 pero malamang mas marami paring bibili ng Tucson ix dahil diesel at mas mura yan..Yang CX7 eh 2WD lang sya for now ang available rito..
    Pag yung price bracket ng 2010 Hyundai Tucson is very competitive compared sa current pricing ng Honda CRV variants, baka eto na yung right time na mag-change religion na ako from Japanese cars to Korean cars.

Hindi ko pa kasi malimutan yung nagsabi sa akin na Kia owner 12 years ago na tanggal daw kagad kambyo ng kia car niya! maybe dahil sa quality problems 12 years ago pa, hehehe.

Sorry O.T. na

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The CBU from Japan CX-7 is bigger than the Tucson.
    Its roughly the same size as the Santa Fe, but with a lower sportier roofline (its a 5-seater).
    I know its a CBU from Japan and I know mas malaki ang CX7.. But I also know its not that big inside even if malaki sya outside(saw a gray market unit before)..

Another niche vehicle ng Mazda na medyo mahal ang pricing,malamang tumaas pa yan(1.6M Pesos yan babagsak) dahil..But at least its here..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Pag yung price bracket ng 2010 Hyundai Tucson is very competitive compared sa current pricing ng Honda CRV variants, baka eto na yung right time na mag-change religion na ako from Japanese cars to Korean cars.
    I believe the CR-V still has a longer list of standard features/ safety features and its also a bit bigger.

Now the CX-7 is much bigger than the Tucson and has more features/ safety features that its basically a class/segment higher even if its just the FWD model.

Its like comparing a Hyundai i30 CRDi to a Mazda 6 2.5 or an AWD Impreza 2.0R to a FWD Mazda 6 2.5.
    Last edited by AG4; September 14th, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    That's an average of 37 km per 3.8 liters or roughly 9.7 km per liter, pero US conditions yun.
    The EPA city numbers converts to roughly 8.5 km/l. And the new EPA testing is much more aggressive than the old regimen.

On the old EPA cycle, my Lynx RS (equivalent, Mazda Protege 2 liter) got 10 km/l on the city cycle. On the new one, it gets 9.3.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calcu...umn=1&id=16660

That's closer to actual Manila use, which is around 8 for a stock car.

So if the CX7 gets 8.5 km/l on the EPA city cycle, that should translate into around 7 - 7.5 km/l in city driving, which isn't half-bad (our AWD CR-V gets between 6-8).

In fact... according to fueleconomy.gov, the new CR-V 2.4 is also at 20/27 for the FWD 2.4 and 20/26 for the AWD. That makes the Mazda CX-7 FWD actually a bit more economical than the local top-of-the-line CR-V. (which, I'm happy to report, is more economical than the old ones).

Like I've said... the new 2.5 liter engine is a potential game changer for Mazda. It's quite powerful, easily a match for the Honda K24 in terms of grunt, and it gives great economy. The Accord 2.4 AT and Mazda6 2.5 AT get exactly the same EPA numbers... something which is supported by my test-drive experience of the new Mazda6.

-

EDIT: Now, the 3.7 liter V6, on the other hand... you just hand over your wallet to the gas boy and hope it's enough... still, given the power of that car and the useable space, it's a small sacrifice to pay...
    Last edited by niky; September 14th, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Will local Mazda launch diesel CX-7 also? I read somewhere that there's a 2.2L diesel variant.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Will local Mazda launch diesel CX-7 also? I read somewhere that there's a 2.2L diesel variant.
    Wala of course nyan dito dahil sa Europe lang yan available..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ahh ok, sayang! I think nabasa ko yung info from an Australian website before

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think kuntento na ang Mazda Philippines sa 2.5 liter 2WD Version..BTW check nyo ang brochure nito sa U.S:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/...7_brochure.pdf

Nagtext ang taga Mazda Greenhills saakin(si Daisy:09209046519 number nya) at available na for reservation ang Mazda CX7!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i will surely take a close look at the Mazda CX-7 when i decide to buy another car soon. I love the Subaru Forester but i am more inclined to take on the Mazda 6 sedan.

Now i am mixed up if ill go with a mid size sports sedan or a mini SUV..:-(

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2010 Mazda CX7