New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Fellow Tsikoteers:

Last Friday, I was along EDSA Northbound looking for a right turn exit going towards St. Francis Square. It has been a long time since I travelled along EDSA and then making a right turn to Megamall A. I didn't know that the entrance to Megamall Building A was already closed.

There were 2 MMDA officers there so I pulled over and asked one of them where I can make the right turn going towards St. Francis Square. The officer told me that the entrance is closed for 6 months already and I have to go to the next street (going towards Poveda).

Then to my surprise, the officer told me that I was in the bus lane and that I violated the MMDA Organized Bus Route crap. I told him that I was merely asking for directions and not intentionally placing myself in that "exclusive" lane. He told me that I can stop outside the yellow lane and ask (what the heck? Me stopping in the middle of the road? I ain't crazy stopping in the middle of the road obstructing others).

There you go. He asked for my license and explained to me that the violation I did has a fine of P1000. "P1000 for asking directions" I exclaimed to the officer. Then he told me what can we do. I said I didn't do any violation intentionally so why will I pay or be issued a ticket? With his thick face, he first asked for P800. I told him I don't have that money and with much dissapointment, I just offered P200 to just get myself going again. He told me "kawawa naman kami." What? Kayo pa kawawa? Gago pala kayo (MMDA) eh. Then the officer told me to pay him P500. I insisted on paying P200 but when I pulled out my wallet, the officer sneaked into the window and forcibly looked at it. There was a P500 bill out front, and he told me "Akin na yan, meron ka naman pala eh." WTF?

So, I just gave the P500 to this corrupt MMDA officer. Clearly, he took advantage since he saw that I was alone, and lost on directions. I'd rather give P5000 to the poor, rather than P.05 to some wicked MMDA officer who has all the reason to extort money from you.

I certainly hope that this MMDA officer who extorted money not just from me, but from others as well, still sleep well at night eventhough they know that what they spend to feed their family are somehow "stolen."

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When they ask for a bribe, ask for their name. Isyuhan mo ng cheke kunyari. They will usually let you go.

Actually, in fairness to you, dapat tinakbuhan mo na yon. They already told you where to go naman diba

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    wow, you should have gotten their names.

reminds me of an old russian joke:

A police officer pulls a guy over
    guy: what did i do wrong sir?
    policeman: nothing. but i have a wife and three kids to feed

siiiiiiggghhhh

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When they ask for a bribe, ask for their name. Isyuhan mo ng cheke kunyari. They will usually let you go.

Actually, in fairness to you, dapat tinakbuhan mo na yon. They already told you where to go naman diba
    Good idea yung check ah! Hehe! I'll leave one unsigned piece in the car hehe!

Anyway, traffic was heavy that time, and naka-motorbike yung isang kasama!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i just wish na sana allowed tayo na barilin sa ulo on the spot lahat ng abusadong mmda at feeling police na mmda. nakakaasar talaga sila! ung mga rotten eggs ha. yung iba naman magagalang at nakikisama rin.

nyway kahirapan nga naman i also wish na sana maibalik yung respeto natin sa mga enforcers mapa police man o traffic aid.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat kasi ang sagot, pag nanghihingi ng kotong ang mmda e isa lang. "patingin ng ID mo!" guaranteed yan pag yan sinagot mo paalisin ka na. ibig kasi sabihin ng ganung sagot e hindi ka takot sa kanila. at handa ka magreklamo sa mmda para ipatanggal sila sa trabaho at malamang makulong pa.

corrupt sila, corrupt ka din kasi naglagay ka.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, technically it looks like they were within the letter of the law to issue you a violation. but it is obviously a chickenshit violation...like issuing speeding citations for 1 above the speed limit. what's worse is that it was done with the intent of extortion - how does that differentiate them from the criminals they are looking to catch?

but one question - sabi mo traffic was heavy. were you obstructing bus traffic etc. to stop and ask for directions?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep...bad for you ser, kumagat ka sa kanila.

kung ganyan...kahit may motor pa sila, wag mo pansinin kung alam mo tama ka... there was one time a manila enforcer (brown boys ni atienza) flagged me down and pointing to traffic light - RED na daw, eh nakita ko kaka-yellow pa lang...sabay turo ko rin sa traffic lights at sigaw na DILAW PA (of course he did not hear what i said kasi sarado bintana pero nakita nya facial expression ko galit)...kahit may motor sya, alam nya nanggagago lang sya kaya di nya ko hinabol kahit mabagal din flow ng traffic.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ang kapal ng mga mukha nun ah...
    sana nakuha mo name nila para mareklamo.
    usually jan talaga sa EDSA malapit sa megamall to shaw blvd
    kotong trap yan eh.

one time din nakita ko yung matandang babaeng mmda
    dun inabutan ng lagay ng isang bus driver dun sa gilid side (ndi sa pedestrian side) which is blindspot para sa mga dumadaan.

grabe talaga mga hayok sa pera ngayon. talagang corrrupt ang karamihan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Hi Fellow Tsikoteers:

Last Friday, I was along EDSA Northbound looking for a right turn exit going towards St. Francis Square. It has been a long time since I travelled along EDSA and then making a right turn to Megamall A. I didn't know that the entrance to Megamall Building A was already closed.

There were 2 MMDA officers there so I pulled over and asked one of them where I can make the right turn going towards St. Francis Square. The officer told me that the entrance is closed for 6 months already and I have to go to the next street (going towards Poveda).

Then to my surprise, the officer told me that I was in the bus lane and that I violated the MMDA Organized Bus Route crap. I told him that I was merely asking for directions and not intentionally placing myself in that "exclusive" lane. He told me that I can stop outside the yellow lane and ask (what the heck? Me stopping in the middle of the road? I ain't crazy stopping in the middle of the road obstructing others).

There you go. He asked for my license and explained to me that the violation I did has a fine of P1000. "P1000 for asking directions" I exclaimed to the officer. Then he told me what can we do. I said I didn't do any violation intentionally so why will I pay or be issued a ticket? With his thick face, he first asked for P800. I told him I don't have that money and with much dissapointment, I just offered P200 to just get myself going again. He told me "kawawa naman kami." What? Kayo pa kawawa? Gago pala kayo (MMDA) eh. Then the officer told me to pay him P500. I insisted on paying P200 but when I pulled out my wallet, the officer sneaked into the window and forcibly looked at it. There was a P500 bill out front, and he told me "Akin na yan, meron ka naman pala eh." WTF?

So, I just gave the P500 to this corrupt MMDA officer. Clearly, he took advantage since he saw that I was alone, and lost on directions. I'd rather give P5000 to the poor, rather than P.05 to some wicked MMDA officer who has all the reason to extort money from you.

I certainly hope that this MMDA officer who extorted money not just from me, but from others as well, still sleep well at night eventhough they know that what they spend to feed their family are somehow "stolen."
    next time pre wag ka maglalagay. nasa tama ka na nung una pero naglagay ka. reason out with them talo ang mga yan. kung mali ka ibigay mo lisensya mo.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
When Asking Directions is a Violation