New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back in the early 90s, I used to go to Tagaytay via Coastal route. Not much traffic then because there wasn't a lot built along the road, just lots of farms. I remember it just took under 1.5 hours to travel from Roxas Bvld to Taal Vista Lodge then.

By the late 90s, a lot of development have sprung up and traffic increased. Last time I went this route (years ago), it took me 2.5 hours, in traffic. Not the pleasant drive I was looking for.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Back in the early 90s, I used to go to Tagaytay via Coastal route. Not much traffic then because there wasn't a lot built along the road, just lots of farms. I remember it just took under 1.5 hours to travel from Roxas Bvld to Taal Vista Lodge then.

By the late 90s, a lot of development have sprung up and traffic increased. Last time I went this route (years ago), it took me 2.5 hours, in traffic. Not the pleasant drive I was looking for.
    so, sir ghost... what do you think w/ the reply i got: Coastal-Molino-Paliparan.. or SLEX-STA. ROSA EXIT-TAGAYTAY is still the best route? the last time we went to Tagaytay was late last year. No constructions pa sa SLEX.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    SLEX-STA. ROSA EXIT-TAGAYTAY is still the best route and wala halos traffic.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMO, yes it is... we went to Los Baños last Saturday... after a couple months na bago ako napdaan ulit ng SLEX. traffic lang talaga from bicutan to alabang because of the Skyway construction thing. then after alabang maluwag na. tapos na pala SLEX. :barmy:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung galing ng Manila at weekdays saan sa palagay ninyo walang masyadong traffic na madadaanan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Kung galing ng Manila at weekdays saan sa palagay ninyo walang masyadong traffic na madadaanan.
    i guess SSH pa rin paps. daan ka na lang before or after peak hours sa umaga or in the afternoon.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    i guess SSH pa rin paps. daan ka na lang before or after peak hours sa umaga or in the afternoon.

hello, followup question sir. if weekday ako pumunta tagaytay tapos 8am ako nasa sta rosa exit, would you recommend using the eton exit instead?

and traffic ba sa slex (baba ng skyway) around 7am? o dapat magskyway na ko?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by genobreaker47 View Post
    would you recommend using the eton exit instead?
    Yah highly recommended!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Yah highly recommended!

thanks! how about my other question? would using the skyway on a weekday * 7am worth it?
    Last edited by genobreaker47; December 14th, 2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typo: hoy -> how

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by genobreaker47 View Post
    would you recommend using the eton exit instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Yah highly recommended!
    saan yang eton exit, before or after ng sta rosa exit? pupunta din ako ng tagaytay during the holidays at matagal na kong di nagagawi sa slex.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
What is the best route to Tagaytay?