New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Do you feel mas maganda/mabilis/optimized ang waze for IOS compared to android? Not sure if that, or dahil magkaiba din kami ng telco ni gf. At least in the city, where mas level ang playing field in terms of signal, mas mabilis mag refresh ang waze nya sa iphone. Wala pa syang LTE and ako meron.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Might have to do with how often the routing servers refresh, and also whether or not Waze has "learned" your preferred route.

Personally, I keep refreshing from the "Routes" tab, just in case traffic has started clearing up on alternate routes.
    Another reason that Waze local admins keep touting is problem with our local networks like Globe and Smart - - fast growing user base but poor network quality and coverage

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Do you feel mas maganda/mabilis/optimized ang waze for IOS compared to android? Not sure if that, or dahil magkaiba din kami ng telco ni gf. At least in the city, where mas level ang playing field in terms of signal, mas mabilis mag refresh ang waze nya sa iphone. Wala pa syang LTE and ako meron.
    I'm guessing another reason is hardware? Apple devices just have better hardware components than most Android devices...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    I'm guessing another reason is hardware? Apple devices just have better hardware components than most Android devices...
    hmmmm. i guess its with the apps.

my wife is using an Iphone 6s. I am using an LG G3. We are both on Smart LTE. The G3 has quad-core processor and has 1 GB more RAM than the IP6S, but Waze's rendering is better on the IP.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Might have to do with how often the routing servers refresh, and also whether or not Waze has "learned" your preferred route.

Personally, I keep refreshing from the "Routes" tab, just in case traffic has started clearing up on alternate routes.
    This might be true. I hate having to pass by any mall, wife is the opposite.

*anonemus
    I doubt Apple has better hardware. Apple always has less RAM and raw processing power. They just seem to be much better optimized as IOS is purpose built for the hardware. Android has to go through a skin in most cases (unless running stock Android). IOS seems to connect to their servers quicker. Wife is on iphone 6, I'm on an S5.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Waze in some cities is very good, but the less open cities or the traditional navigation software works. For example, I recently in OACTEK navigation software (www.oactek.com), you can try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    What GPS navigation smartphone app do you use other than the popular Waze?
    I use Papago and Waze but the former stopped updating its map like two years ago.

Although Waze can be somewhat used as an offline map (loading the map while internet access is on), I still want something totally usable offline.

I also have PocketEarth but mostly as an alternative to Google Map and not for navigation. But I stopped using it when my iphone was retired (together with Papago).

I am now trying MapFactor GPS Navigation. I use the openstreet-based map. I kinda like it altough the response of the GPS location is not as fast as Waze or Papago. But the establishments you can find along your way is quite updated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ad6.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    For Windows Phones 8.1. Here Maps and Here Drives is the Best.. This system navigation is owned by BMW if I'm not mistaken, and Totally Offline GPS Navigation. I use this when my First Drive to Baguio. Checking all the tourist spot is effortless. Even if you did not turn exactly as the navigation has told you, it will automatically update and re-route you to get to your destination.

But for the latest updates for Windows 10, it has been fully integrated to its OS, which is the Windows Maps. I think you can install also to your windows laptop and great as a back up if you're run out of battery on your phone.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Navmii ok din

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Waze on my Android phone is still my primary means for navigation while the Garmin module on my HU serves as backup (RoadGuide.ph maps). If I need to go to an unfamiliar place, I also refer to the Garmin.

Sometimes, if I'm not sure if I should follow Waze's route (which sometimes can be too aggressive with re-routing), I also check it against what Garmin recommends (which doesn't have traffic information) before I decide.

10. Join Date
    May 2016
    waze is great and I think google added waze traffic info into google maps i believe....google bought waze awhile back

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast