New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Pansin ko sa Here app, maraming kulang especially in provinces. Like Binalonan airstrip wala and plaridel airport

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    google maps as my second option.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Doesn't Waze save map info for the areas on your route? I recall a number of trips where the maps were continuous even when the internet went out. The only difference is you don't get updated traffic info.
    It does. This is the reason why I regularly update my Waze data

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    google maps as my second option.
    What I like about Google Maps is it records my daily travel. In future updates, it will be able to predict my travel patterns and automatically suggest way points and routes.

My trips yesterday

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    last weekend, during the heavy tagaytay traffic, my wife as a navigator both used waze and google maps. both saved us precious time from traffic.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I'm told Google maps now makes use of Waze traffic data. Haven't tried it again though. But the view of the map is better IMO.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    In the order of what i use:

1. waze - turned on whenever i drive (with pocketwifi data). pinaka-userfriendly for me.
    2. google maps - when i can't find a place on waze
    3. maps.me - good for offline navigation. and laging may updates ng map. but i don't like the interface.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I'm told Google maps now makes use of Waze traffic data. Haven't tried it again though. But the view of the map is better IMO.
    True, Maps benefit since Google bought Waze

Google Maps Using Waze Data to Offer Faster Directions

But I find the traffic GUI practically useless for now. Waze is much better designed

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    That's what I thought. But lately I'm finding it harder to connect to Waze's routing server. Too many users? I'm also starting to suspect Waze is starting to manage traffic instead of directing you to the best route. My wife and I tried navigating on separate handsets in the car and more often than not the routes are different.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    That's what I thought. But lately I'm finding it harder to connect to Waze's routing server. Too many users? I'm also starting to suspect Waze is starting to manage traffic instead of directing you to the best route. My wife and I tried navigating on separate handsets in the car and more often than not the routes are different.
    Might have to do with how often the routing servers refresh, and also whether or not Waze has "learned" your preferred route.

Personally, I keep refreshing from the "Routes" tab, just in case traffic has started clearing up on alternate routes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast