New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    What GPS navigation smartphone app do you use other than the popular Waze?
    I use Papago and Waze but the former stopped updating its map like two years ago.

Although Waze can be somewhat used as an offline map (loading the map while internet access is on), I still want something totally usable offline.

I also have PocketEarth but mostly as an alternative to Google Map and not for navigation. But I stopped using it when my iphone was retired (together with Papago).

I am now trying MapFactor GPS Navigation. I use the openstreet-based map. I kinda like it altough the response of the GPS location is not as fast as Waze or Papago. But the establishments you can find along your way is quite updated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    not sure if there is actually a waze alternative that gives up to date traffic conditions.

but , for other gps apps. i use map+ me and sygic. both have monthly map updates for the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OA mga nag report by traffic situation sa waze. Nag stop lang ng konti "heavy traffic" na agad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I use here and maps.me for offline nav...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    OA mga nag report by traffic situation sa waze. Nag stop lang ng konti "heavy traffic" na agad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hahaha. pero yung waze (android) nagtatanong na kung totoo ba yung mga reports.

like kung traffic in 200m, pagdating mo dun tatanungin kung ttaffic ba talaga.

kahit yung presence ng accidents, tatanungin din ng waze.

may speedometer na din pala ang waze (ios) sa wakas. hindi ko na nakita yung upgrade sa android kung meron.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I use Waze, Google Maps (with offline map of the whole Luzon) and HERE (with download Philippine map). These three serve my navigation needs quite sufficiently.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Doesn't Waze save map info for the areas on your route? I recall a number of trips where the maps were continuous even when the internet went out. The only difference is you don't get updated traffic info.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    osmand lang ako - offline.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Doesn't Waze save map info for the areas on your route? I recall a number of trips where the maps were continuous even when the internet went out. The only difference is you don't get updated traffic info.
    Yes it does. Ganyan ginagawa ko. Set the route while on the garage with wifi then alis na pag naka-set na.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xwangbu View Post
    osmand lang ako - offline.
    +1 sa osmand. sanay na ako sa metro manila na puro traffic kaya ok lang naka-offline.

kaso kung sanay ka na sa waze na idadaan ka sa unfamiliar roads (read iskinita sa squatters area), di kayang tapatan 'to ng osmand.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast