New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I usually take the old road when i go to Bataan and Zambales coming from Pampanga. My last trip was early December (on a Sunday) and the traffic in the bridge construction areas were quite bearable (around 3 bridges AFAIK). It just slows down because cars navigate the unpaved construction areas carefully.

Taking the old highway cuts around 30kms one way and saves on the SCTEX toll fees and my fuel consumption isn't much different since i'm usually running at cruising speed on the old highway as well. There's also a bypass going around Lubao should it be traffic but i never have taken it since going through Lubao nowadays isn't as bad as it was in the pre-SCTEX days.

If you just want a leisurely drive with no worries of road obstacles and good roads all the way as Niky mentioned, then SCTEX is still the way to take. In cases like me where I just want to get to my destination and since I'm familiar with the route, i just take the old road.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the only time i will stop using sctex is when they will allow tricycles and jeepneys in. just the sight of tricycles and super slow jeepneys on a highway makes my blood boil. puro kup*l pa mga tricycle drivers dyan, lagi nasa gitna para hirap ka mag-overtake. if only i had a ray gun just like what Marvin the Martian has, ubos na sila sana ngayon.

sctex. iwas highblood.
    Or the gun of the Red Skull in Captain America. Hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was at Subic last April, and the last time prior to that was a long while back in the early '00s, pre-SCTEX. D*mn those tricycles!

Plus I'm a city rat, so any free flowing, open road will definitely get my attention. Didn't maximize SCTEX speedwise, coz I was with the family, and am not familiar with where the speed guns lie. About 140kph was the fastest burst I had on some stretches, hiding behind buses and other AUVs, SUVs and MPVs.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    isa pang route is the megadike-porac-floridablanca-dinalupihan road labas mo na nun un start ng zigzag then tuloy ka na tipo-subic expressway, worth the try din kung di ka naman in a hurry, konti lang sasakyan dun dumadaan lalo kapag morning kaya un ang best time dumaan dun maganda din un scenery

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    isa pang route is the megadike-porac-floridablanca-dinalupihan road labas mo na nun un start ng zigzag then tuloy ka na tipo-subic expressway, worth the try din kung di ka naman in a hurry, konti lang sasakyan dun dumadaan lalo kapag morning kaya un ang best time dumaan dun maganda din un scenery
    yan yung may steel bridge na may liko sa gitna? o napalitan na yun? dami aksidente dun pag umuulan kasi checkered plate yung surface ng bridge madulas.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the only time i will stop using sctex is when they will allow tricycles and jeepneys in. just the sight of tricycles and super slow jeepneys on a highway makes my blood boil. puro kup*l pa mga tricycle drivers dyan, lagi nasa gitna para hirap ka mag-overtake. if only i had a ray gun just like what Marvin the Martian has, ubos na sila sana ngayon.

sctex. iwas highblood.

Pero pag labas mo sa toll at magbabayad na tiyak kung hindi ka mapailing ng konte, e high blodin ka ng konte.hehehe
    (mga 100 to 150 na toll dyan, tpos galing ka pa sa nlex na 200+)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Pero pag labas mo sa toll at magbabayad na tiyak kung hindi ka mapailing ng konte, e high blodin ka ng konte.hehehe
    (mga 100 to 150 na toll dyan, tpos galing ka pa sa nlex na 200+)
    408php one way

816php total balikan.

Kanila na sctex, ika kain ko na lang sa subic ang matipid ko sa toll. May fuel savings pa. Pareho lang naman ang travel time.

But that is just me.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    sctex

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    kakatakot sa sctex pag gabi. kakaawa pa yung mga nadadaanan kong nasiraan.
    oh noooo!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    kakatakot sa sctex pag gabi. kakaawa pa yung mga nadadaanan kong nasiraan.
    oh noooo!
    Di mo naman sila hino-holdap?

But yeah, SCTEX can really be dark at night tapos pag malakas pa ulan or hangin sa papuntang Subic, nadadala talaga yung sasakyan. Pag late gabi na, i tend to take Mc Arthur Highway (if going North) from NLEX already, or the Olongapo Gapan Road if i'm heading to Subic or Zambales. I skip SCTEX na.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast