New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi guys, we will be traveling to these places this weekend. Also what time should we leave manila to avoid traffic? Directions would help too, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you are familiar with the way going to Baguio, then go with this route (via NLEX and SCTEX). Then, at the Rosario junction,- just go straight towards La Union, instead of turning right towards Kennon Rd or Marcos Hiway.... Continue with the National Road and it will take you to Vigan, then Laoag and then Pagudpud...

I suggest you leave Manila near midnight, so that you will miss the traffic, because of activities in the public markets of the various towns and cities that you will be passing....

When I went through this route some 2-3 years ago,- I reached Vigan in 8 hours, had a 1 hour eat-rest and reached Laoag in less than 11 hours.... Pagudpud is a good one-hour drive from Laoag....

Enjoy!

14.5K:higop:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks Sir CVT!
    Unfortunately, havent been to Baguio driving a car, pasahero lang ako nun e eheheh..
    San po exit namin sa SCTEX?
    San po banda yung Rosario junction?

Thanks for the reply!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bagal pala mag-drive ni CVT:b

search mo forum "Magilas trail", that is the fastest way to avoid the traffic at McArthur hiway during the day time. but if i were you i'd follow CVT's advice to leave after midnight to avoid the traffic. if you do then the shortest will be via McArthur hiway. i did the same trip last march, left QC (Congressional ave.) at 3:40 am, had a 1 hour breakfast stop at Candon, Ilocos Sur (we were there by 8:00 am), and arrived at the resort in Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud at exactly 1:00 pm. ang kalaban mo kasi sa McArthur e mga tricycle at jeep na sobrang bagal. after midnight wala na sila. then sa ilocos sur and norte naman halos walang vehicles sa daan kaya ok lang kahit daytime driving.

so if you leave after midnight suggest ko na route will be NLEX-SCTEX, exit at Tarlac city, turn right towards La Paz, follow the "To Baguio" signs on that route, do not continue to Magilas trail after Pura but join McArthur at Gerona instead (this means follow the GREEN "To Baguio" sign at the intersection at Pura instead of the YELLOW DPC sign). reminder lang, take note of the KM reading of your odometer when you exit SCTEX at Tarlac. after 5.3 KM turn left at the T-junction. yun yung "chapel with a green roof" mentioned in the Magilas trail route. di kasi kita yung "To Baguio" sign before the T-junction and you might miss the turn. the rest is easy.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks sir yebo!
    Will read the Magilas trail as suggested...
    Ang worry ko lang kung gabi ang byahe is nde namin mabasa mabuti yung mga road signs, baka sa iba kme mapadpad ehehe..
    anyways, mejo OT: mga places to stay in Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpod na nde pricey pero maayos naman. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa blue lagoon kami before sa Pagudpud, we stayed at Hannah's Beach Resort. kind of far from everything but it was exactly what wanted. small but nice rooms, nice restaurant, pool. well trained and accommodating staff, too. sa Saud beach there are a number or resorts there but be sure you read the reviews at tripadvisor.com, some of them were reported to be way below what is advertised. beware the beaches in Pagudpud are choppy this time of year all the way to April, more for surfing than swimming.

we stayed at Vigan Plaza Hotel on the way back. ok siya, old but charming and it is right in the center of town, just a stone's throw away from the old Vigan heritage village and right in front of the town plaza. big rooms, big beds. only complaint was the drain in the shower which was plugged. at syempre since it is there in the plaza, pag may concert dun e di ka makakatulog.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    another question mga master..
    we will be leaving pasay at around 3am, so is it better pa rin na sundan namin yung way nung sa church with green roof?
    and another thing, after what exit nga ba uli yung sctex? after ba ng Dau exit? baka kase lumampas kme eh
    Last time we went to subic was 2008 so nalimutan ko na eheheh...

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    another question mga master..
    we will be leaving pasay at around 3am, so is it better pa rin na sundan namin yung way nung sa church with green roof?
    and another thing, after what exit nga ba uli yung sctex? after ba ng Dau exit? baka kase lumampas kme eh
    Last time we went to subic was 2008 so nalimutan ko na eheheh...

after toll gate ng nlex (un magbayad kana) mga 1-2 km pa. tamang takbo lang gawin mo after magbayad sa toll para mabasa mo un karatula/sign ng going to sctex.

pag nasa sctex toll kana (kukuha ng tiket), sa unuhan lang ng unti may sign na to baguio..yun ang kunin mo deretso na un tarlac exit. dahan dahan ka lang after ng toll gate para makita mo un direction ng maayos.

i suggest after ng sctex, take the normal route, tarlac, pangasinan la union para iwas ligaw don sa maguilas trail. pag normal route kasi deretso lang yun highway kasi e. better leave midnight para iwas trapik don mga matataong lugar. don kana magrest/petiks pag lagpas na para iwas abala.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last year, just after Christmas Day I think, the traffic at TPLEX exit was horribly long. Senators Drilon and Sotto are caught in the jam. Can't remember if they called a Senate hearing on this.

What I'd like(?) to know if this will happen this holiday season? I'm planning to head to Pagudpud too. Ayoking mauwi sa PAGOD at PUPUD.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    Last year, just after Christmas Day I think, the traffic at TPLEX exit was horribly long. Senators Drilon and Sotto are caught in the jam. Can't remember if they called a Senate hearing on this.

What I'd like(?) to know if this will happen this holiday season? I'm planning to head to Pagudpud too. Ayoking mauwi sa PAGOD at PUPUD.
    did the investigation then, point to the tollbooth as the culprit?
    if it has not yet been fixed, then i expect the problem to recur.... angry senator or not.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Shortest and safest way to Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpod