New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Magpapaship ako ng small car (2003-4 Vios) from Cotabato to Manila. 2 kinds daw kasi, yung ilalagay sa container van at yung nasalabas lang ng container van. 10k din kasi difference nung dalawa. I'm sure mas ok yung nasa loob ng container van, but is it bad to ship it via normal cargo? Gagasgasan ba nila yung car, not that it's scratch free, hehe? are there any long term effect that i might regret, like rust/corrosion eating up the car, in not opting for the car to be shipped in a separate container van. I think 2-3 days exposure to sea wind/air aint that bad, or is it?

thanks in advance!

sorry, nagreflect pala as my 1st post. been a long time lurker since 2010 hehe! sorry that it took me 5 years before i post

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bluet0ps View Post
    Magpapaship ako ng small car (2003-4 Vios) from Cotabato to Manila. 2 kinds daw kasi, yung ilalagay sa container van at yung nasalabas lang ng container van. 10k din kasi difference nung dalawa. I'm sure mas ok yung nasa loob ng container van, but is it bad to ship it via normal cargo? Gagasgasan ba nila yung car, not that it's scratch free, hehe? are there any long term effect that i might regret, like rust/corrosion eating up the car, in not opting for the car to be shipped in a separate container van. I think 2-3 days exposure to sea wind/air aint that bad, or is it?

thanks in advance!

sorry, nagreflect pala as my 1st post. been a long time lurker since 2010 hehe! sorry that it took me 5 years before i post
    3 days of exposure to saltwater isn't really significant.
    it's exposure to vandalism and the like, that's the problem in shipping.
    if it were me, i'd use an enclosed container, even if it costs more. also, i would look into insurance, in case a side mirror disappears, etc...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If the vehicle is not in pristine condition anymore, no need to ship inside a container van. As long as it's a reputable shipping company, vandalism is not really something to be concerned about. Just make sure to take note of all the accessories that are included with the car, tools, stereo, etc. When you retrieve the vehicle in Manila, have it washed thoroughly including under the vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    3 days of exposure to saltwater isn't really significant.
    it's exposure to vandalism and the like, that's the problem in shipping.
    if it were me, i'd use an enclosed container, even if it costs more. also, i would look into insurance, in case a side mirror disappears, etc...
    ...first, you need to engage a reputable domestic forwarder; second, you must ensure that a checklist is provided making sure that all the accessories of your car is listed down together with its condition etc.; third; marine/cargo insurance is standard so make sure you discuss this with your reputable forwarder and ask for coverage; fourth, what you save on the freight cost, you can spend to do full detailing of your car when it arrives in Manila!...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    i suggest to drive it from cotabato to manila

Shipping from Cotabato to Manila: through a separate container van or not?