New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Resurrecting this thread...

How are the roads leading to the Ilocos Region??? Which exit will I use leaving the NLEX to head North to Ilocos???

Any shortcuts to use to avoid entering towns in Pangasinan and its traffic???

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!!
    via SCTEX Tarlac City exit (hindi luisita ha). then you may opt to try via victoria or just go through tarlac city proper....magilas trail or urdaneta is fine.....some road constructions at ilocos sur.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    watch out for those irritating potholes on the areas of balaoan, bangar to the stretch of sudipen la union, hope they have even it out this time, ilocos sur's road was good, ilocos nortes roads were even better , specially from laoag to pagudpud,, have a good trip.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    the roads that were being constructed on the municipality of santiago, stamaria, cabugao and sinait in ilocos sur were near completion or rather completed. On the 1st Quarter of 2012, those road works add at least an hour to my travel from candon to laoag weekly,

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nice inputs!!!! Thank you very much for all your tips! It will be most helpful during the drive North...

We will be using my girlfriend's Focus TDCi so this will be a really interesting run, power and consumption wise...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Resurrecting this thread...

How are the roads leading to the Ilocos Region??? Which exit will I use leaving the NLEX to head North to Ilocos???
    This part I can answer. The NLEX ends at Dau - you can't miss it as it's a whole toll plaza. From there, after paying your toll fees, you can either continue on straight to Mabalacat, take the on-ramp to the SCTEx and turn right at the fork going to Subic, or stick to the left side of the SCTEX fork going to Clark (which is what you probably don't want to do, given your intended destination).

The traditional route is to get off at Mabalacat and turn into the MacArthur Highway to go anywhere farther north.

There are signs pointing out that the SCTEx to Subic is a northward route going to Baguio; you'll have to get off at Luisita and make a detour along the Luisita Access Road going back to MacArthur Highway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Roads to Ilocos