New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hello mga sir,

Tanong ko lang sana kung ano road condition dito.
    1. BANGUED-PINUKPUK-BONTOC
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77549126_o.jpg

2. SUYO-CERVANTES-HALSEMA HIGHWAY ROAD
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...80676176_o.jpg

3. ABATAN(HALSEMA HIGHWAY)-BUGUIAS-BOKOD ROAD
    http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...68297294_n.jpg

Ride: Pick up, with my family (3 lang kami)
    When: 1st week of June bago magpasukan.
    Meron po ba mga motels or inn along the way?

Actually punta kami ng sta ana, cagayan and I am considering passing one of this less traveled route.
    thanks na lang po sa mga me idea at mag input.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    AFAIK 1 and 2 are unpaved, rough, narrow roads and quite dangerous to pass through especially at night reason being that maraming NPA at kawatan sa areas na madadaanan. additonally, they are not serviced by regular passenger vehicles so if you get stuck, it would be a while to get help.
    For No. 3, Halsema is a paved, buguias to bokod is a mixture of paved and unpaved but would not be a problem for a pick-up.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks keithdb for the input, buti na lang nagtanong ako, sayang mukang maganda pa naman sana dumaan dun lalo na sa No.1. update ko na lang dito kung san kami mapadpad sa June.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    thanks keithdb for the input, buti na lang nagtanong ako, sayang mukang maganda pa naman sana dumaan dun lalo na sa No.1. update ko na lang dito kung san kami mapadpad sa June.
    wala namang npa sa 1, if meron hindi naman sila nanggugulo. we've always biked from banaue to sagada since 2006 but the roads are rough and madalas landslides sa mt polis area. from banawe its uphil until mt polis then goes back down to bontoc. may sections na isang sasakyan lang pwede dumaan

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nakadaan na rin ako from Bagabag all the way to Sagada, ok naman ang byahe medyo malubak lang nung 2009. yung no. 1 kasi, its coming from Abra-Pinukpuk-Tabuk then Bontoc. sa google ko lang kasi nakita yung road and syempre medyo curious. mahirap din at sa tingin ko mahaba rin kasi ang byahe baka abutin ng dilim. pero kung me makapag confirm lang dito na ok yung daan or ok rin na dumaan, then I might somehow take the risk.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    wala namang npa sa 1, if meron hindi naman sila nanggugulo. we've always biked from banaue to sagada since 2006 but the roads are rough and madalas landslides sa mt polis area. from banawe its uphil until mt polis then goes back down to bontoc. may sections na isang sasakyan lang pwede dumaan
    Thats not the route in 1, there is a reason people in both provinces go around through baguio when going to/from Abra-Mt.Province. The one you are referring to is the Bontoc-Lagawe road which as 100% paved already.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Thats not the route in 1, there is a reason people in both provinces go around through baguio when going to/from Abra-Mt.Province. The one you are referring to is the Bontoc-Lagawe road which as 100% paved already.
    sorry my bad, he was referring to a different route pala.

to the TS, can you please post road condition if in case you do Option 1, thanks

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    sorry my bad, he was referring to a different route pala.

to the TS, can you please post road condition if in case you do Option 1, thanks
    basta me matulugan lang along the way from Bangued to Pinukpok at basta me madaanan lang, I will take the risk. anyway, of course, i'll see to it that the whole journey will be properly documented.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    good day mga tsikoteers, planning to go to sagada via banaue route ask ko lang ang present road conditions going thru this route kakayanin kaya nang grand starex ? thanks for the reply

Road condition in Benguet and Mt. Province