New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Guys,

What's the fastest route from RCBC Plaza in Makati to Venice Piazza in McKinley Hill? Departure time from Makati is about 5:30 pm later this afternoon.

Got a few options in mind. I wonder if the best route is in one of these three already. Feel free to suggest:
    1) Jupiter > Paseo de Roxas > Buendia > Fort Bonifacio > 32nd street all the way to McKinley Hill
    2) Dela Costa > Valero > Paseo de Roxas > Makati Ave > Ayala > McKinley > 32nd street to McKinley Hill
    3) Dela Costa > Herrera > Pasong Tamo > Extension > Lawton Ave > Fort Bonifacio until McKinley Hill

Option 1 is what I'd normally take if I were to go to Fort. However, since I'll be doing a right turn on 32nd to get to McKinley Hill, was wondering if there's a quicker route.

Option 2 entails a lot of side streets in Makati. Not sure if these streets would be full at this time.

Option 3 is a totally different route. It's longer, but I wonder if it's faster. Not sure about the volume and direction of the heavy traffic .

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    In my experience with leaving makati at 530PM, assuming you're on the dot - you won't encounter much traffic sa C5-BGC area. Not familiar with #2/3, but if you're not super pressured for time, option 1 shouldn't be so bad traffic-wise.

For some reason, the traffic gets notably worse along major roads as the week goes on.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since today's already Thursday, it should be pretty bad in general.

Thanks mda.

Might just as well stick with 1 unless some folks can confirm 3.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sir sakin ung number 1 ung the best,pagnakarating kana sa may bonifacio ok n papuntang mckinley kc ung tulay sa nichols ginagawa kaya sobrang traffic s lawton ave.tnx sana makatulong po

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Option 4: Hingi ka ng Dasma Village/Forbes park sticker kay OB. :D

If you can leave Makati at 5:30pm pronto, you can go with Option 2 (Valero - Paseo - Ayala - McKinley). My experience with McKinley road in most cases is that its moving naman and the times that it's really bad, you can already see the traffic buildup at the EDSA intersection.

My next choice is to go Buendia then Kalayaan Flyover. Keep an eye out for the traffic to BGC from the flyover, if its backed up then take the Kalayaan Ave. offramp and enter the Fort from below (near Shell).

Sometimes when i go to McKinley Hill from Mandaluyong/Guadalupe, its actually fast for me to take JP Rizal - Kalayaan - C5.

Im heading to the Fort later also for some event my wife is attending. Kung may nakita akong Camry na galit sa traffic... :D (I'll probably take McKinley road).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    5.30pm traffic na sa paseo.. from experience.. mas mabilis ang takbo nang traffic sa ayala.. so take ayala then mckinley..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    5.30pm traffic na sa paseo.. from experience.. mas mabilis ang takbo nang traffic sa ayala.. so take ayala then mckinley..
    Having lived (well... worked, but hell i've spent more hours at work then at home) on Paseo until recently, this is quite true most of the time. On Ayala, take the bus lane from Paseo until Makati Ave.

On a normal day, the difference between leaving Makati CBD at 5:00 to 5:15pm, and after 5:30pm can already account for 15 to 30 minutes on one's travel time depending on where you are headed.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Option 4: Hingi ka ng Dasma Village/Forbes park sticker kay OB. :D
    Nakupow!

Im heading to the Fort later also for some event my wife is attending. Kung may nakita akong Camry na galit sa traffic... :D (I'll probably take McKinley road).
    Hehehe! Don't have the Camry with me today though.

If you can leave Makati at 5:30pm pronto, you can go with Option 2 (Valero - Paseo - Ayala - McKinley). My experience with McKinley road in most cases is that its moving naman and the times that it's really bad, you can already see the traffic buildup at the EDSA intersection.

My next choice is to go Buendia then Kalayaan Flyover. Keep an eye out for the traffic to BGC from the flyover, if its backed up then take the Kalayaan Ave. offramp and enter the Fort from below (near Shell).

Sometimes when i go to McKinley Hill from Mandaluyong/Guadalupe, its actually fast for me to take JP Rizal - Kalayaan - C5.
    Thanks for the tip. I hope the boss goes home ASAP so I can get going. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    The problem is where I'm coming from actually. Since I'm exiting RCBC Plaza onto Dela Costa, I don't have a way to get to Ayala unless I go thru Valero then exit at Herrera. Or pass thru the other side of Ayala. Hmmm...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC01 View Post
    Sir sakin ung number 1 ung the best,pagnakarating kana sa may bonifacio ok n papuntang mckinley kc ung tulay sa nichols ginagawa kaya sobrang traffic s lawton ave.tnx sana makatulong po
    O nga pala. Thanks for the heads up on the construction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast