New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    +1 for this thread been wanting to drive our innova d4d to Bohol via this Matnog -samar- leyte route too.. will be visiting my wifes hometown in Bohol.. kindly share updates and any specific time of the year to avoid travelling this route? Up up up!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^ what town in bohol bro? the last leg of your journey is maasin, southern leyte to ubay, bohol. that's in the northeastern part of bohol.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Yes sir Juan Martinez.. we are passing by Ubay to Tubigon Bohol..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by accs View Post
    Yes sir Juan Martinez.. we are passing by Ubay to Tubigon Bohol..
    oh really! mayor marlon amila was my classmate. ☺

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    +1 for this thread been wanting to drive our innova d4d to Bohol via this Matnog -samar- leyte route too.. will be visiting my wifes hometown in Bohol.. kindly share updates and any specific time of the year to avoid travelling this route? Up up up!
    Avoid the typhoon season or when there is an incoming typhoon. The delays/cancelled ferry trips at Matnog port caused by inclement weather will ruin your trip schedule. In good days, make sure you are at Matnog before 6 AM so you will reach Ormoc before night. If you are the only driver, you have to rest at Ormoc and continue your travel to Bato (Leyte) the next day. Ferry schedule from Bato to Ubay (Bohol) is at 9 Am and 9 PM, Medlalion Shipping is the ferry operator. Google and call them to be sure that they still operate this route and the type of vessel they use and time.

If you wanted a less tiring route and not time press but less scenic. From Matnog go straigh to Calbayog -Magino-o Pier and take the Cokaliong Magino-o->Cebu Ferry. The ferry leave at night (7 PM) and arrives Cebu at around 5 AM the next day. Then from Cebu take the ferry to either Tagbilaran or Tubigon. Just google the ferry schedule.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Avoid the typhoon season or when there is an incoming typhoon. The delays/cancelled ferry trips at Matnog port caused by inclement weather will ruin your trip schedule. In good days, make sure you are at Matnog before 6 AM so you will reach Ormoc before night. If you are the only driver, you have to rest at Ormoc and continue your travel to Bato (Leyte) the next day. Ferry schedule from Bato to Ubay (Bohol) is at 9 Am and 9 PM, Medlalion Shipping is the ferry operator. Google and call them to be sure that they still operate this route and the type of vessel they use and time.

If you wanted a less tiring route and not time press but less scenic. From Matnog go straigh to Calbayog -Magino-o Pier and take the Cokaliong Magino-o->Cebu Ferry. The ferry leave at night (7 PM) and arrives Cebu at around 5 AM the next day. Then from Cebu take the ferry to either Tagbilaran or Tubigon. Just google the ferry schedule.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Very useful tip sir Glenn highly appreciate that! Now i have alternatives..God bless+

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thats good to hear sir Juan.. bohol is a nice place.. underrated though

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thats good to hear sir Juan.. bohol is a nice place.. underrated though
    it is. the international airport in panglao has just kicked off construction. the beaches are great. the chocolate hills. and tubigon is a growing town. you'll enjoy island hopping there.☺

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Yes been there the tourist way (air) and really would love to drive there friendly and courteous people .. thats good news with the int'l airport.. We are hoping we could set our trip this month of July.. before our kids go back to school next month if not then it will be year end or next summer.. but i am really wanting to go now hehe... i am also looking forward to living there in the future..tired of city life hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    By the way would love to try Anda beaches on the other end opposite of Panglao

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast