New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Coming from Makati and leaving at 5 in the morning, ano po kaya ang best way to Pico De Loro?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    We used waze the last time. There are two main routes. Long(safer) and short(more fun). Stop over at mcdo and jollibee for coffee. Mcdo has better coffee. Lol.

Check the weather... last time meron signal number 2. Lahat ng puno...nasa daan lol.

It gets foggy once near the peak during early hours lng.

I swear babalikan ko yan... awesome place outside metro manila.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Cavitex
    Tanza
    Naic
    Ternate
    Nasugbu
    Pico de Loro

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Cavitex
    Tanza
    Naic
    Ternate
    Nasugbu
    Pico de Loro

I guess this is the "fun" way, right?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last time we been there is we took Tagaytay on our way, took the other route going back to manila. The one with zigzags and kaybiang tunnel.

Suka yung isang ka convoy namin may H.O. Pa kasi nung nag drive kami paluwas, hindi kinaya sa zigzag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    I guess this is the "fun" way, right?

Yes, but I would advise you guys to take precautions (if this is your first time taking that route). Lots of dips and hairpin turns, so take it slowly but surely.

You will also pass thru the very "social media" popular kaybiang tunnel. Should you decide to take those "I'm here selfies", please do so, but take into consideration other motorists that are also using the tunnel. Park responsibly too.

Have fun.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes, but I would advise you guys to take precautions (if this is your first time taking that route). Lots of dips and hairpin turns, so take it slowly but surely.

You will also pass thru the very "social media" popular kaybiang tunnel. Should you decide to take those "I'm here selfies", please do so, but take into consideration other motorists that are also using the tunnel. Park responsibly too.

Have fun.
    Was there last Saturday. Governor's drive going, CAVITEX coming back. There is another place there with lots of cars parked on the shoulder after the Kaybiang Tunnel so as a rule of thumb slow down when you spot houses or structures.

There are some hairpins where the road looks like it's going into the cliff wall. Some of the curves also have gravel on the outer edges. Watch out for bikes and riders as that route is very popular with them too.

Have fun but drive smart

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^
    Re: lots of parked cars. That would be the drop-off point (forest ranger station) for the mountain trekkers/campers going up Pico de Loro (the mountain). Not to be confused with "Pico de Loro the resort". Hehe.

On weekends and holidays, they double park actually.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Was there last Saturday. Governor's drive going, CAVITEX coming back. There is another place there with lots of cars parked on the shoulder after the Kaybiang Tunnel so as a rule of thumb slow down when you spot houses or structures.

There are some hairpins where the road looks like it's going into the cliff wall. Some of the curves also have gravel on the outer edges. Watch out for bikes and riders as that route is very popular with them too.

Have fun but drive smart
    Lots of blind curves...

Remember to open the windows for the fresh air

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    dips? hairpins? blind curves?

well then, tagaytay nasugbu highway it is. i'll get my adrenaline rush somewhere else. bringing my baby with me eh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast