New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I heard na binbawal na bus sa flyover along edsa, mmda isstrictly enforcing na they stay on yellow lane, now kung tuloy tuloy ang mmda sa ganito, malamang mas luluwag na ang left side ng edsa, expect lang slow movibg traffic approaching edsa cubao underpass dahil sa dami ng bus sa right side. Also a slow moving traffic approaching buendia dahil sa mga papuntang makati cbd sa right side.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Agree with Niky, that's the best route and a lot of alternate routes

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Haven't heard of "pako" incidents for a looooooong time. C5 is no longer the backwater, deserted road it once was. There are mid-level housing developments on the other side where the squatter colonies used to be, and the southbound portion is full of cars and relatively safe. As long as you're not driving at 3 am, C5 is perfectly safe.

-

Favorite route is Andres-Bonifacio-Forbes-Nagtahan-Quirino... even better, gets you out on Sergio Osmena before the end of the Skyway... but EDSA may just be less traffic at that time of the day.
    Bro.,- wala na bang bukas-kotse-group-diyan-while-waiting-for-the-go-signal sa Nagtahan-Quirino-Sergio Osmena area?

16.2K:bat:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- wala na bang bukas-kotse-group-diyan-while-waiting-for-the-go-signal sa Nagtahan-Quirino-Sergio Osmena area?

Wouldn't know. There are some lowlifes and really stupid kids in that area, but if you keep your doors locked and blend in anonymously, shouldn't be any problem. I've been driving through there for years and have had no issues.

-

Of course, that don't mean nothing. I've been driving through C5 for years and have never been "pako-ized".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    for me BEST WAY IS--- NLEX-Mindanao exit (smart interchange) congressional to Visayas-Circle- kalayaan if you know the way going to araneta center cubao via annapolis st. ka dumaan then p. tuazon going to edsa ( iniwasan mo lang ang edsa cubao at nandun ang build up) if not east ave. ka nalang... then straight edsa.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Good route for 10am to 12nn:

NLEX -> exit at SMART (Mindanao Ave.) -> left at Congressional -> straight all the way to Luzon then take the new Tandang Sora-Luzon Avenue flyover to Katipunan -> then take underpass to Libis -> all the way to C5 -> SLEX

The above is more or less 45 minutes from NLEX to SLEX at 10am (constant 60-80 kph and not that many traffic lights).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Saang banda ito going south bro?

Di ba't flyover ang daraanan mo before crossing the bridge over Pasig River?

May nanghahagis ba ng pako rito?....

north bound, bro. may magpapanggap na tutulong, pero i think modus nila yun

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    north bound, bro. may magpapanggap na tutulong, pero i think modus nila yun
    Saang area northbound, bro?... TIA.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I heard na binbawal na bus sa flyover along edsa, mmda isstrictly enforcing na they stay on yellow lane, now kung tuloy tuloy ang mmda sa ganito, malamang mas luluwag na ang left side ng edsa, expect lang slow movibg traffic approaching edsa cubao underpass dahil sa dami ng bus sa right side. Also a slow moving traffic approaching buendia dahil sa mga papuntang makati cbd sa right side.

that is being practiced now. napakaluwag lalo sa cubao to santolan area. really no buses on fly overs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12