New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzumiya View Post
    Alright, thanks
    Important note, the sharp curves uphill and down hill on both ends of this highway are one way and STAY LEFT traffic.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Done this before 2011, left Manila after lunch via Tanay to Lucban, overnight stay at Lopez, Left early morning and arrived Matnog around 9PM. Overnight stay at Allen, arrived Liloan before midnight, overnight stay in Surigao City. Left again not so early in the morning and took lunch in Butuan City, overnight stay in Cagayan de oro. Left before lunch and arrive Dapitan in the afternoon. Overnight stay at Dumaguete and left the following day late afternoon to Guihulngan for vacation. Going back to Manila is via Panay, Mindoro. Overnight stay in Boracay. Attempted same route last year but the plan that time is to go all the way to Davao, that failed to materialize due to lack of time. Change course from Tacloban to Ormoc instead then Cebu to Negros.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Make sure the spare tire has good pressure(40) This is my least wanted activity before going to surigao. It's a chore for SUVs. Getting a flat at 3am with no one to help is a nightmare.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Make sure the spare tire has good pressure(40) This is my least wanted activity before going to surigao. It's a chore for SUVs. Getting a flat at 3am with no one to help is a nightmare.
    No help? Why, are your passengers all Granny Goose? Then again, it was quite an experience to replace a flat tire when your brother who is much bigger than you is just watching and doesn't know what help to offer.
    [emoji3]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    No help? Why, are your passengers all Granny Goose? Then again, it was quite an experience to replace a flat tire when your brother who is much bigger than you is just watching and doesn't know what help to offer.
    [emoji3]
    I was the only "abled" person. I had the pleasure of driving my retired parents all the way to surigao. They enjoyed snoring and sightseeing the whole trip.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    It's safe during that time. May mga tao naman na nagga-guide sa mga motorista. Pag sa baba ka puro mga truck at bus na harurot kasabay mo.
    Noted, Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Important note, the sharp curves uphill and down hill on both ends of this highway are one way and STAY LEFT traffic.
    Thanks, Noted.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Update: Just reached Surigao yesterday, Andaya highway in Bicol is in a terrible state due to roadworks, I'll just go around Daet in my return trip; overall the drive was a pleasant experience except the crossing from San Ricardo to Lipata which was full of bullshit.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzumiya View Post
    Update: Just reached Surigao yesterday, Andaya highway in Bicol is in a terrible state due to roadworks, I'll just go around Daet in my return trip; overall the drive was a pleasant experience except the crossing from San Ricardo to Lipata which was full of bullshit.
    Congrats sir. Why did you go until San Ricardo? Di kayo umabot sa byahe ng Fast Cat sa Liloan? Kabwisit talaga sumakay jan sa Benit kasi Montenegro lang ang RoRO jan. Palakasan ang sistema. Kahit late ka dumating, basta may kapit o padulas ka, pwede ka muna. Take Fast Cat sir pabalik para Liloan na baba mo. BTW, how's the Saddle Pass sir?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Congrats sir. Why did you go until San Ricardo? Di kayo umabot sa byahe ng Fast Cat sa Liloan? Kabwisit talaga sumakay jan sa Benit kasi Montenegro lang ang RoRO jan. Palakasan ang sistema. Kahit late ka dumating, basta may kapit o padulas ka, pwede ka muna. Take Fast Cat sir pabalik para Liloan na baba mo. BTW, how's the Saddle Pass sir?
    I went to Liloan as planned, but a family friend kept insisting on taking the ferry in San Ricardo because it was faster to cross. Saddle pass was quite a hair raising experience, I'm never taking Montenegro shipping again unless it's the only choice.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Need Advise: Road Trip to and from Mindanao