New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strange, I recall having a conversation about trips to Laiya in the past, but could not find a "Laiya" specific topic. As I used the search function, I found quite a few threads on Laiya, but on separate boards.

Anyhow, the family is planning a trip this weekend. As in the past, our route was:
    - SLEX
    - ACTEX
    - STAR toll
    - Exit at San Jose/Ibaan
    - Follow the signs to San Juan/Laiya

Is there a better route? Lipa is Google maps' default route because it's 10 kms shorter, but Lipa can get busy on the weekends, so I'm planning to skip it.

Are there any major hazards/road work along the route mentioned above that we should watch out for, or plan to go around?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Strange, I recall having a conversation about trips to Laiya in the past, but could not find a "Laiya" specific topic. As I used the search function, I found quite a few threads on Laiya, but on separate boards.

Anyhow, the family is planning a trip this weekend. As in the past, our route was:
    - SLEX
    - ACTEX
    - STAR toll
    - Exit at San Jose/Ibaan
    - Follow the signs to San Juan/Laiya

Is there a better route? Lipa is Google maps' default route because it's 10 kms shorter, but Lipa can get busy on the weekends, so I'm planning to skip it.

Are there any major hazards/road work along the route mentioned above that we should watch out for, or plan to go around?

Thanks.
    Best route na yan bro,passing through San Pablo and tiaong ,you'll encounter a lot of traffic

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That's correct & fastest. Lipa can be traffic havoc on weekends. The 10 kms difference is basically the length of the Startoll from Lipa exit to Ibaan/SanJose exit which is all hiway so mas OK.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks! Anyone know of current detours/road problems along that route?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    1) Pag exit mo ng Startoll going to Ibaan be alert lang on potholes madami dami yan... 2 lanes lang kasi yan tapos madalas daanan ng truck kaya dapat habaan ng pasensya. Once you get to the road going to Rosario smooth sailing lang yan.

2) Sa Rosario proper medyo traffic lang yan from Mercury Drug up to the Municipal hall ... Less than 3 KM stretch lang naman.

3) 21 Km away na lang ang Laiya once you reach Rosario Batangas.

4) Wag makipag rezing sa Jeep na byaheng San Juan and wag masyadong madidikit sa kanila... you will encounter these peeps at Rosario na. Kapag nakatapat ka na may topak nag oovertake yan sa right side kahit off road

5) Most of the time wala ilaw sa daan kaya best to travel at daytime if its your first time to go there
    Last edited by jodski; September 25th, 2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added more details

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Thanks! Anyone know of current detours/road problems along that route?
    Ingat lang konti pag nagmerge na sa 2lane yung startoll.. Accident prone yung area.. Magbigay ka na lang sa mga walanghiyang bus driver ng batangas..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Ingat lang konti pag nagmerge na sa 2lane yung startoll.. Accident prone yung area.. Magbigay ka na lang sa mga walanghiyang bus driver ng batangas..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup... point of reference mo nga pala dito is after Lipa City exit

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung maaga kayo pupunta.. ok din dumaan sa Lipa.. badtrip din dyan sa Ibaan Rosario minsan dami tricycle..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    kung maaga kayo pupunta.. ok din dumaan sa Lipa.. badtrip din dyan sa Ibaan Rosario minsan dami tricycle..
    Yeah, got stuck behind tricycles there before. Frustrating.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Yup... point of reference mo nga pala dito is after Lipa City exit
    Yup, actually no problems getting to that exit. The last time, though, naging problema ko was how to get to that exit heading to MM. Yung sign kasi was Left to Manila, right to Manila. Did not notice kung may subtitle na (via Ibaan or via Lipa). Hehehe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast