New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Just want to know the details from someone who has traveled from Manila to Iloilo recently via RoRo. I will be buying a car in Manila and I will be using it in Iloilo so this will be a one-way trip only. 2 people, both can drive will be accompanying the car.

1. Expenses
    2. Requirements for a new vehicle
    3. Road conditions and ease of travel
    4. Number of hours to complete
    5. Best route and time
    6. Anything else that I should be aware of

Thanks for the inputs!

Regards,
    Albastru

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Just want to know the details from someone who has traveled from Manila to Iloilo recently via RoRo. I will be buying a car in Manila and I will be using it in Iloilo so this will be a one-way trip only. 2 people, both can drive will be accompanying the car.

1. Expenses
    2. Requirements for a new vehicle
    3. Road conditions and ease of travel
    4. Number of hours to complete
    5. Best route and time
    6. Anything else that I should be aware of

Thanks for the inputs!

Regards,
    Albastru
    Roro - take 2Go, Batangas City to Caticlan. It leaves Tues. to Sunday at 9 pm and reaches Caticlan at 6 am. From Caticlan, there are 2 routes. One will pass thru Capiz and the other thru Antique. The route from Antique has better road condition, but locals say sometimes there are NPA's along the route. The one thru Capiz has areas that are under repair, but no NPA's.

Requirements - Xerox copies of the O.R., C.R..

Travel time from Caticlan to Iloilo is 4 to 5 hours for 220 kms.

2Go hotline is 5287000.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Roro - take 2Go, Batangas City to Caticlan. It leaves Tues. to Sunday at 9 pm and reaches Caticlan at 6 am. From Caticlan, there are 2 routes. One will pass thru Capiz and the other thru Antique. The route from Antique has better road condition, but locals say sometimes there are NPA's along the route. The one thru Capiz has areas that are under repair, but no NPA's.

2Go hotline is 5287000.
    Thanks a lot Sir falken! 1 sea-ride lang pala.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    another route batangas to calapan roro fare 3800 plus 250 per passenger tapos travel ka ng calapan to roxas by land ulit then sakay ulit ng roro roxas to caticlan 6800 plus 450 per passenger ok naman ang daan may mga area lang na under repair na pakunti kunti.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post

2Go hotline is 5287000.
    Thanks for the direct route sir falken. Would you know how much is the fare? Hmmm, I think I would try to avoid NPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by geobac123 View Post
    another route batangas to calapan roro fare 3800 plus 250 per passenger tapos travel ka ng calapan to roxas by land ulit then sakay ulit ng roro roxas to caticlan 6800 plus 450 per passenger ok naman ang daan may mga area lang na under repair na pakunti kunti.
    Thanks for the complete info on fares sir geobac123!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    In case you decide to take the route via Antique, just don't travel at night and you are good. I always take that route going to Bora from Iloilo City. I believe it is a better route than taking the Central Line which has a terrible road condition

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Thanks for the direct route sir falken. Would you know how much is the fare? Hmmm, I think I would try to avoid NPAs.

Thanks for the complete info on fares sir geobac123!
    I think it was around 10k, driver rides for free. My friend paid, because he was bringing his car to Dumaguete and we decided to go on a long road trip instead of shipping it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by geobac123 View Post
    mahal na pala? last time we travelled the same route, batangas to calapan and roxas to caticlan, we paid less than 6000 pesos for the 2 trips. by the way, the car we used was kia cd5 and it may be the reason why your quotations are higher. it was last year. by the way, montenegro shipping is cheaper, by experience. you can check the net, they have a website. hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thank you sa mga inputs.

Mukhang mas mura ung direct Batangas to Caticlan kaso mukhang boring kasi puro dagat. I think since may edad ung magdadala nito papuntang Iloilo, mas pipiliin nya ung route na to kasi relax na lang xa...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thank you sa mga inputs Tsikoteers!

So Batangas-Caticlan ang mas mura, direct route, kaso boring kasi wala kang makikita. Batangas-Calapan,Roxas-Caticlan naman mas mahal, with drives in between, pero marami kang makikita at pwedeng magdala ng pasalubong na makikita sa daan (kung meron man)... Considering na may mga edad na ung magddrive, I think ung direct route ang way nila. :-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast