New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    May idea kayo if magkano ang cost nang gasolina nang vios 1.3 E from manila to davao?

I am planning to bring my toyota vios with me this december kasi 1 month ako sa davao ma assign. kaya ang budget is 10k sa trip na yun (manila to davao) ?

Any info is very much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [quote=BuLB;1366259]May idea kayo if magkano ang cost nang gasolina nang vios 1.3 E from manila to davao?

I am planning to bring my toyota vios with me this december kasi 1 month ako sa davao ma assign. kaya ang budget is 10k sa trip na yun (manila to davao) ?

Any info is very much appreciated.[/quot

Manila to Davao is approx 1500 kms
    if your vios can do 15k/L you would be needing at least 100 liters atleast

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Which gas stations do you fellows recommend along this route? Directions/landmarks will be appreciated. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Which gas stations do you fellows recommend along this route? Directions/landmarks will be appreciated. Thanks
    Leaving Manila filled up, then next full tank would be in Legazpi city usually the cheapest in luzon. Then next is on tacloban leyte and last is surigao in mindanao.That where we had our diesel pick up filled up during the trip

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thank you sir. :-)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    it is cheaper to drive your car going to davao. in fact, i do this two times. first is my navara which i bought at mantrade last february. second is my genesis last september.

total cost of navara (fuel, lodging, ferry, eating, etc.) less than 17,000 pesos.
    total cost of genesis around 23,000 pesos.

cost of navara by shipping from manila to davao (solid shipping lines) is between Php 30,000 to Php 35,000. genesis coupe is somewhat the same since they also base their computation relative to the cost of the unit.

so it is really cheaper if you drive it all the way down. best to do this is to leave manila as early as 5am and you should be in matnog, sorsogon at around 4pm. ferry will leave sorsogon going to allen, samar between 5pm to 6pm and the ferry will costs you around 900 pesos. ferry will dock at allen between 7 and 8 in the evening. there is a nice lodging house in allen port which is relatively cheap also. the name is KINABRANAN LODGE. they also serve nice dinner...as precaution, do not travel samar-leyte route at night time. there are reports of hold-ups along the way and it's pretty scary also since most of the way is not inhabited.the road between allen and calbayog is not that nice also.

start your travel as early as 6am the following day and have your breakfast at calbayog city. the road from calbayog to san juanico bridge is very nice. tacloban to liloan (2nd ferry) port is nice also. you can reach liloan maybe around 2pm. ferry at liloan will leave at 6pm so watch out for your time and don't be complacent. it's better to get earlier to avoid cramming. once you are in liloan port, look for PAUL. you can ask the port's security guard for this person. he will be a big help to you. ferry will cost you around 2900 pesos.

so, ferry will leave at liloan at around 6pm and it will arrive in lipata, surigao at around 11 in the evening. once in lipata, either you will stay at almonts hotel (little expensive but very nice: accommodation and all) or you can go at surigao city proper with plenty to choose from (i never tried it, i slept at almonts). by the following morning, you can leave surigao at around 8 in the morning and you will be in davao city at around 4 in the afternoon.

all in all, the road condition is very nice. plus a chance to trave from luzon, visayas and mindanao.

hava a nice trip and DO NOT FORGET TO ASK YOUR DIRECTION WHEN IN DOUBT.
    sir ghost recon, very informative post. gusto ko din gawin yan this coming pasko using my pick-up. may additional query lang po ako.

1. sa matnog, ilang trip po at ano po schedule ng ferry going to allen? Madali lang po ba kumuha ng ticket on the spot pagdating dun?

sa 900 pesos po kasama na po ba ang tao.

2. sa liloan, isang trip lang po ba ang ferry to lipata? may contact number po kayo ni PAUL? how much po sa almonts? how far is the city proper if ever?

3. Pwede po makita mga piks nyo ? i'm sure ganda ng mga views nyan
    Same route din po ba ginawa nyo pag-balik manila?

Maraming salamat sir.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi guys,,thank you so much for all the infos regarding travelling to davao by land.i'm new at cars i dont even know how to drive but i owned elf a 4BC2. im planning to bring this truck to davao by land by hiring a driver. im just wondering if the infos especially the fare in ferry given by ghost recon will be same applied on elf.im on a very tight budget thats why infos on fare in ferry, how much gasoline would it costs. your feedbaci is so much appreciated.plss

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    this is a very informative thread. akala ko hindi pwedeng gawin to. sana masubukan ko rin in the near future.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My parents did this 2 weeks ago with a chery QQ. Couldn't believe it but they drove it all the way from Pasig to Agusan del Sur. First night they spent in Naga. Next night it was Calbayog and I believe on the 3rd night they were already in Agusan.

Their trip has inspired me to probably do the same in the near future. I guess the technique here is not to be in a hurry and not to travel at night time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Manila to Davao by land