New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    We're planning to go to and tour Panay Island by car this 8-day long holiday.

The planned route: Manila, Batangas, Mindoro to Boracay. Thence, to Kalibo - Roxas - Estancia (optional) - Iloilo - San Jose - Caticlan then back to Manila.

Planned itinerary: 2 nights in Boracay, 1 night in Roxas, 1 night in Iloilo, 1 night in San Jose, 1 night in Caticlan.

Is our planned itinerary possible? How are the road conditions?

Actually, the real plan is up to Boracay only. But, I'd like to explore Panay Island.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

:car: [SIZE="1"]3904[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    that plans is possible. i would sugest thou that you try and get the RORO ferries schedules before you make final plans..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yup its possible, like what sir cocoy said, get the roro sched, as for the road conditions, ang alam ko ay from roxas going to iloilo lang, medyo moon like crater ang road from Dumarao going to Passi (and vise versa), from passi to iloilo, medyo ok na ang road, but it might change kasi everytime na may bagyo, medyo lubak-lubak din. If you pass by iloilo, dont ever forget to eat at BREAKTHROUGH RESTAURANT at villa beach, you wont regret it, cheap seafoods galore hahahahhaha

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT: Bro.,- make sure that you wash your car very well, after this trip... Attraction for rust ang trip mo....

7101:hooray:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since you will be doing a lot of RORO trips.. bring a high clearance vehicle, you will also need maps of places if you are not familiar with the route. you must know the RORO schedules for good trip planning and timing.

Balak ko rin yan the reverse naman Negros-Panay- Luzon ..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    that plans is possible. i would sugest thou that you try and get the RORO ferries schedules before you make final plans..
    I found the RORO schedules and rates at Travel Smart. Would you know if they are still current? Otherwise, where can I find the current one?

Thanks again.

:yawn: 3906

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    http://montenegrolines.com.ph/msli_web/

andito schedules and fees.

bro j_avonni

carens ba dadalhin mo?

goodluck hehe.

you will miss the curent condition of carens of ever. ..

well, this route is very expensive due to many RORO trips.

bring EZ maps hehe.

roads conditions is tolerable naman pero mejo pangit sa bandang iloilo pero pwede narin.

i suggest na pa lagyan mo ng anti rust coating and underchassis mo since salt water is very strong daw and pron to corossion.

change your Headlights to all weather.

and if possible lift your ride up .. para mag compensate sa cargo load.

baka mag see-saw yan sa RORO.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagawa ko na yung route na binanggit mo bro.... heheheh. yung kami nun, walang overnight overnight. tatlo kaming driver tapos ang pahinga is pag nagaantay ng roro.
    tama sila, ang hassle lang dyan is yung schedule ng roro.
    enjoy yan, lalo na pagbagsak mo ng mindoro.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Can anyone confirm if there is a secure, paid parking space in caticlan? and if how much do they charge. We will be going to Boracay via Ro-ro if a parking space is available in Caticlan. Thank you very much.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Someone told me that the paid parking is just like a house but don't know how much they charge (para bagang ihahabilin mo la-ang). Ro-ro to Bora, I don't think so they have such services, you have to leave the vehicle in Caticlan and take a pump boat goin' to Bora (fare rate is different between the locals and the tourist).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Land Trip from Manila to Panay to Manila