New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have the factory installed inav unit in my 2011 Alterra.
    It has been updated religiously because I rely on this unit (since I am a foreigner).

At the start of the rainy season, the signal has progressivly become more and more weak.
    Ten days ago, I lost the signal altogether.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have for me.

Thank you.

Ciao!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    It has been updated religiously because I rely on this unit (since I am a foreigner).

At the start of the rainy season, the signal has progressivly become more and more weak.

Thank you.

Ciao!

Try "reset" the system, or remove unnecessary things near the antena located mostly on your passenger's dash board.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011

Thank you.

Ciao!
    Possible also is the GPS antenna have fallen out of the area where it was previously mounted (normally with double sided tape) under the dashboard, suggest have a electrician to trace the GPS antenna.

But check if you can ask the dealer to fix it under warranty since your unit is only 2 years old.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    I also suspect an antenna culprit. Best to bring the car to your dealership and have it checked since it's still under warranty. Winterpine is the carrier of iNav. They usually have technicians visiting dealerships on schedule basis.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thank you all, for your inputs.

My three year warranty runs out on December 14th, so, I will hustle down to the dealer this week.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011

My three year warranty runs out on December 14th, so, I will hustle down to the dealer this week.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    I went to my dealer yesterday and met the iNav techie. He found that the RCA plug for the antennae at the back of the head unit was making poor contact and tending to come off. He reinserted it and put some tape to hold it in.

It works beautifully now.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I went to my dealer yesterday and met the iNav techie. He found that the RCA plug for the antennae at the back of the head unit was making poor contact and tending to come off. He reinserted it and put some tape to hold it in.

It works beautifully now.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

Good for you, bad for them.
    Really a poor connection/material, it happen also to my USB plug. Good thing, I did the repair by myself w/o going to the dealer that might cost me 500 pesos for the fuel.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Glad to hear it's just a disconnection problem.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Good for you, bad for them.
    Really a poor connection/material, it happen also to my USB plug. Good thing, I did the repair by myself w/o going to the dealer that might cost me 500 pesos for the fuel.
    Removing the centre bezel surrounding the head unit is intimidating for me.

Do you have any advice or tips for me, in case this problem comes up again?

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.