New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi help naman po kung papanu papunta sa laoag directions and road condition? basicaly its a long road trip for us.

and anung magagandang stop over(kumain, magpahinga, tambay, mgyosi at iba pa)

maraming salamat po

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bump.

Can anyone please share the directions to laoag from quezon city? We need to collect seaweed from a town in ilocos norte (sa currimao)...

All I know at the moment is how to get to NLEX..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    From NLEX, just go all the way to end and turn right in Mabalacat or you could use the SCTEX and exit in Tarlac. Once you're already in the National Highway, just follow the road and that would lead you all the way to the north to Laoag. It's a 12 hour drive or longer depending on how many stopovers you will have. There are lots of signages along the way so you won't get lost. It's just in Laoag that gets a little tricky if you wanna go further like Pagudpud since there's a part there that you have to turn right and turn left. I was with my uncle then so he showed me the way.

There are lots of restaurants and good places to stop and take a rest, smoke, etc. First is gasoline stations in NLEX, Luisita, restaurants in Pangasinan, the gasoline stations prior reaching the junction going to La Union and Baguio, restaurants in San Fernando, Vigan and a lot more.

For road conditions, there are diggings in some parts in Pangasinan. I just forgot if it's Urdaneta. In Ilocos Sur, there are detours and road closed.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you have a full tank from manila and wanting to limit your stops then here is the ideal route.

• manila-nlex/sctex take luisita exit.
      • breakfast or lunch - matutina in urdaneta pangasinan (right side while going up north). highly recommended ito... masarap at hindi pricey.
    • * la union/baguio junction in rosario - take left turn
      • gas station stop - san fernando la union (mas mura kumpara sa iba).
    • to laoag - just head straight north. iisa lang naman ang national highway papunta doon. you can have another stop in vigan before completing your journey. you'll never get lost coz signages are very prominent
    • on road conditions just refer to rna800 post.

before taking your long trip... have a good rest and if possible get another driver as reliever. Godspeed.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if you get lost you can just follow the maria de leon and farinas buses headed to laoag

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bring lots of CASH! bihira kasi ang credit card sa north, especially gas stations.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    if you get lost you can just follow the maria de leon and farinas buses headed to laoag
    And PARTAS

This thread might be of help...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ghlight=vhenok

Andyan lahat discussion about Trip Up North including directions and what to expect!

Help need direction going to Laoag?