New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Too tiring. Spend the night in Sagada or Bontoc instead.

If you leave 6am you'll get to Sagada at 12nn, then you have lunch for an hour, 4 hours for activities, so you head back to Baguio at 5pm. Add another hour for dinner somewhere along the way and you find yourself arriving back in Baguio past midnight already.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    ok thanks for the info[emoji1] drive safely

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    You can try the cervantes route going to Sagada. Very few vehicles, nice roads and views.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015

If you leave 6am you'll get to Sagada at 12nn, then you have lunch for an hour, 4 hours for activities, so you head back to Baguio at 5pm. Add another hour for dinner somewhere along the way and you find yourself arriving back in Baguio past midnight already.

where did you stay papi? did you explore the caves?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    hindi naman delikado road going to sagada? worth ba if you staying in baguio go there early in the morning and return back to baguio before late afternoon? hindi ba delikado pabalik sa gabi to bagui?

We went there a couple of times some years ago and I agree with this, one of the best part of the Sagada experience is when you wake up in the morning.
    Spend a night or two as it's got plenty to offer naman, you can even go orange picking (meron paba to? haha)
    Also, you can arrange to go up Kiltepan peak to watch the sunrise very early in the morning (unfortunately it was foggy when we were there).
    then explore the caves...

For those who would like to start a bit late from Baguio, you guys can layover at Twin Peaks (Garden Breeze na yata to ngayon) near Bugias... then proceed to Sagada in the morning.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hindi advisable na abutan ka ng gabi sa Hanselma going to Baguio, pag nag set in ang fog with the darkness it will be twice the strain than driving during daytime. Triple the strain kung malabo pa headlight mo. So the 5 hours will easily become 7 to 8 hours.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    where did you stay papi? did you explore the caves?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Stayed in Bontoc (30 min away) because I had a meeting there. But there are a lot of homestays in Sagada.

Yes I explored the caves, super worth it!

This was just an impromptu side trip, but if I were to go back, I'd spend 4 days so I can explore more caves, go up Kiltepan, and just bask in the serenity of Sagada.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Hindi advisable na abutan ka ng gabi sa Hanselma going to Baguio, pag nag set in ang fog with the darkness it will be twice the strain than driving during daytime. Triple the strain kung malabo pa headlight mo. So the 5 hours will easily become 7 to 8 hours.
    I agree. Fog was very bad tonight. You will only be able to see a few feet ahead of you.

Your high beam is useless as the fog just diffuses the light. You'll have to make do with what your low beam and fog lamps can illuminate.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I agree. Fog was very bad tonight. You will only be able to see a few feet ahead of you.

Your high beam is useless as the fog just diffuses the light. You'll have to make do with what your low beam and fog lamps can illuminate.

Yeah, using high beam during heavy fog only reflects more light back to you.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    ^
    Could the bad visibility be because the beams are white? (or does it just look white on the pic?)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    ^
    Could the bad visibility be because the beams are white? (or does it just look white on the pic?)
    Yes I have LED headlamps but they're still much stronger than my halogen foglamps.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast