New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Will be heading to Sorsogon this weekend...some friends cautioned me against taking the Andaya highway but others said it's worth the time saved when taking the Sta Elena/Labo/Daet/Bitukang manok route... any input will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's pointless to take Sta. Elena/Daet if you won't go there. Noone I know who's from CamSur/Albay/Sorsogon passes there. Andaya Highway will save you about 3 hours of travel compared to passing through Cam Norte. Check Google Maps and you'll see what I mean.

Andaya Highway has really poor roads but it's still asphalted. Just slow down when approaching the potholes and you'll be fine. Even with all the road construction, it's still much much faster.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Many thanks for the advice sir! Will keep that in mind....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Just went there last weekend. Agree on andaya highway and the potholes but would definitely advise to go through bitukang manok vs the diversion road to save time. Just stay alert and be safe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Morz View Post
    Just went there last weekend. Agree on andaya highway and the potholes but would definitely advise to go through bitukang manok vs the diversion road to save time. Just stay alert and be safe.
    He was referring to the Cam Norte bitukang manok, not the one in Atimonan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Oh I see. Meron pa pala ibang zigzag road. My mistake.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    When we went to Bulan, Sorsogon last Dec 2014 we took the Sta Elena/Labo/Daet/Bitukang manok route to save time. Actually the only problem we encountered was the major road repair in Tagkawayan, Quezon. After that, the trip was smooth except for some minor road repairs. One way trip took 13.5 hours from Calamba, Laguna.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Sta. Elena-Labo-Daet (Cam Norte) route is 50 km longer than the Tagkawayan-Del Gallego-Ragay (Andaya Highway) route.

Both cover twisty roads where your average speed will be 40-80 kph. Even if there are road works along Andaya, it's still quicker than Cam Norte.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Thanks for all the inputs! Took the Andaya highway route and it was okay. Most of the road repairs were at Tagkawayan and Sipocot/Libmanan.
    Took me 8 hrs to get to Iriga for breakfast (left Manila at around 12mn) . BTW, we also took the bypass/diversion from San Fernando to Nabua,
    a traffic-free paved road. I think this is called the GMA Highway. I was anxious during the first 5kms because I never saw another vehicle traversing the
    route so I asked some residents if it indeed leads to Nabua and when it was confirmed, went straight for it

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for all the inputs! Took the Andaya highway route and it was okay. Most of the road repairs were at Tagkawayan and Sipocot/Libmanan.
    Took me 8 hrs to get to Iriga for breakfast (left Manila at around 12mn) . BTW, we also took the bypass/diversion from San Fernando to Nabua,
    a traffic-free paved road. I think this is called the GMA Highway. I was anxious during the first 5kms because I never saw another vehicle traversing the
    route so I asked some residents if it indeed leads to Nabua and when it was confirmed, went straight for it

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    First week of July my trip din kami Naga, Camsur to attend wedding. mga ilang oras kaya byahe midnight alis namin sa manila? Okay lang kaya ford fiesta mga 50 % nalang gulong ko sa likod and 70 % sa harap with 3 adults and 1 pre-school.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast