New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My family and I are going to banaue/sagada this coming holidays and would like to know the best route to banaue. Someone told me to take Nlex and exit at sta. rita take maharlika highway towards san jose nueva ecija. But somebody also suggested to go all the way to sta. inez then concepcion,tarlac.

I havent been thru sta, rita nor concepcion,tarlac. Can someone please advise me on this. We would be leaving manila at around 3 a.m. so safety and security would be a prime concern as I'm not familair with these roads Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best one to answer you is afrasay...he..he

pero mukhang malayo ang tarlac route....kung baguio to ok lang....

quotes from our friends sa 4x4ph.com
    To get to the Cagayan valley road take NLEX exit at Sta rita exit, follow the road to gapan nueva ecija and just follow it to san jose nueva ecija. stay on the main road in san jose it will exit at cagayan valley road it will take you to santa fe nueva vizcaya then follow it down to bagabag nueva vizcaya. its all straight till you get to the fork at bagabag.
    To get to banaue take cagayan valley road going to santiago, Isabela. when you get to Bagabag town look for the junction going to banaue along the highway. banaue is just 62 kilometers from there. when you get to the bridge do not follow the sign that says banaue take the bridge route going thru Lagaue. Good luck its a nice scenic drive. sagada via bontoc is 6 to 8 hours away.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    My family and I are going to banaue/sagada this coming holidays and would like to know the best route to banaue. Someone told me to take Nlex and exit at sta. rita take maharlika highway towards san jose nueva ecija. But somebody also suggested to go all the way to sta. inez then concepcion,tarlac.

I havent been thru sta, rita nor concepcion,tarlac. Can someone please advise me on this. We would be leaving manila at around 3 a.m. so safety and security would be a prime concern as I'm not familair with these roads Thanks in advance.
    better to exit nlex thru sta. rita. no need to be concerned about security on those roads afaik. your 3am departure time is also optimal because you would not want to get caught in daytime traffic on the way to cabanatuan. just watch out for the occasional kuliglig on those roads.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Appreciate it. Now I have a pretty clear idea where I'm headed. Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes, Sta. Rita exit mo sa NLEX. Diretso lang going to Cabanatuan City. Suggest that you buy a Roadmap Magazine for Luzon (forgot the name). It's worth it!

Just before climbing the roads of Sierra Madre(?) mountain range in Nueva Ecija,- maraming mga bawang na paninda, and right after descending the mountains,- maraming mabibiling souvenirs sa bayan ng Sta. Fe. in Nueva Vizcaya. Dito masarap kumain ng goto sa umaga. BTW, may historic site sa mountain range na ito,- Dalton Pass.

Going up to Banaue via Lagaue is quite a driving experience. Pero, do not expect the same comfort and amenities of Baguio City, else you will be utterly disappointed. Agree that you go to Sagada, with Banaue as your jump point. Rent a jeepney to Sagada as the road is not good.

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you leave at 3am you'll reach sagada around 4 to 5pm. may kasama na yun stop-over sa banawe hotel and pix taking sa terraces. dire-diretso lang po from the sta. rita exit. may chowking sa bagabag after that yun fork (take the left road) nalang ang bantayan ninyo. safe trip.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta pag dating nyo lang po sa SOLANO, NUEVA VIZCAYA...isigaw nyo lang pangalan ko...

di rin kayo papansinin...di rin nila ako kilala. :bwahaha: dyok!

enjoy your trip ser, masaya yan...ingat lang po sa sta.fe (vizcaya - after san jose nueva ecija) bundok na po yun at zigzag road. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After exiting Sta. Rita, and you arrive at the Walter Mart, turn right. It's the bypass road (to bypass the Plaridel town). Pulilan junction (yung may Jollibee) na ang labas mo then dire-diretso hanggang Cabanatuan.

Pasensya na po, hanggang dun lang ako kasi 2nd to the last bayan ng Bulacan ay nandoon na po ang bahay namin. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bro exit ka ng Sta. Rita diretso ka lang ng Plaridel wag ka ng kumanan sa Walter Mart gabi pa naman yan hindi pa trapik. Madadaanan mo ang Gapan, Cabanatuan, Talavera, Munoz, San Jose. After San Jose puro bundok na yan (Carranglan) ingat ka lang at napakaraming dangerous curve, wag ka ring titigil sa bundok at maraming loko dyan. Pagbaba ng bundok Sta. Fe, Nueva Vizcaya na madadaanan mo ang Aritao, Bambang, Bayombong (dito ako), Solano (si Baiskee) pagdating mo ng Bagabag may junction doon yung diretso papunta ng Lamut, Lagawe, Banaue yung kanan naman papunta sa Santiago City.

Manila to Bayombong - 5 hrs. 30 mins. (kaya ng 5 hrs.)
    Bayombong - Banaue - maximum of 3 hrs.

Wag mo palang kalimutan ang buko pie sa Bagabag kulang ang byahe nyo pag hindi nyo natikman buko pie ng Nueva Vizcaya pinakamasarap ang luto yung Joyce o kaya yung G & B Buko Pie.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...and another 3 hrs from banawe hotel to sagada town proper. sayang may buko pie pala sa NV di ko natikman.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
best route from manila to banaue