New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our group plans on going to the Banawe Rice Terraces then from there proceed to Sagada via the Banawe Bontoc Road. We will be having a 3 vehicle convoy with one vehicle a Kia Picanto the others are a L200 pick-up and a Besta Van. We are not sure of road conditions. Makakarating kaya kami sa Sagada?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Kia Picanto? I think makakadating naman pero kawawa yun Picanto. Bawal ba iwan nalang yun? Not sure pero I remember some parts not suitable for cars kasi may sasayad sa ilalim na mga rocks. We went there before, it was a three car convoy also. Expedition, Trailblazer and Urvan. There were some roads were rocks in the middle of the road was hitting some of the components underneath the Chevy.

Not sure of the conditions now but these photos were back in '08 around feb to march.

Last edited by glntVR; October 17th, 2010 at 12:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Parang mahihirapan ang Kia Picanto. Maraming part ng daan ang rough road at may mga matatarik na akyatan. Minsan may mga malalaking bato pa na madadaanan. Mas maganda yung medyo mataas ang ground clearance ng sasakyan. At kung naulanan pa yung daan mas mahirap lalo na at may paparating na bagyo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Here are some additional photos:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Here are some additional photos:

Hanep ang Ganda!!! Next trip I'm gonna go there!!!

Sa TS better not bring the picanto, kakaawa under pinnings nun. might be a source of premature wear. And it might get stuck along the way. If your bent on bringing it, try to bring a tow rope to be on the safe side...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Forget the Picanto, sakit lang ng ulo yan. Di yan makakarating, ang liit ng gulong tapos dadaan sa rough terrain ? Sus, tirik aabutin niyan ...

Hehehe. Kung ako sainyo, bring the largest and baddest SUV's that you have, kung pick up mas better. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Been there, my 4th actually, just this MArch. kaya naman ng picanto, wala naman off camber road dun up to the town proper...hehehe. just go slow when you guys take the turn off up to sagada. and be sure to have a good and properly inflated spare tire.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Been there, my 4th actually, just this MArch. kaya naman ng picanto, wala naman off camber road dun up to the town proper...hehehe. just go slow when you guys take the turn off up to sagada. and be sure to have a good and properly inflated spare tire.

Elo Peeps,

Were planning to visit Sagada next month(1st time), transpo is my MAZDA Familia GEN2. Kaso natakot ako sa mga pics na naka post sa thread na to.

Tanong ko lang road condition ngayon, ganito pa rin ba "rough soil-gravel road & muddy when it rains"? My nagsabi sakin cement na raw kaya malakas luob ko! Can anybody confirm this & post updated pics if available. Thanks.

Be Well
    Animo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    At this time of the year, medyo mahirap bumiyahe ngaun to bontoc, much more to sagada. the road from lagawe to banawe pa lang, maraming landslides due to the recent heavy rains. i should know because i'm from ifugao and just last week i was in banawe and although kaya naman ng compact sedan, maybe you'll end up only in banawe. but if you're using an offroad vehicle like a 4x4 pick-up, going to sagada wouldn't be much off a problem.

last 2008, we had to go to some farflung town in the mountain province over a stormy weather to attend to an emergency using a samurai and although our sammy was able to handle the road well, it was scary as hell. inabot pa kami ng dilim and it was pouring down hard with falling rocks coming from the mountain slopes. that was one hell of a trip. bow talaga ako sa offroad capabilities ng samurai.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *glntVR
    those pictures look familiar to me.. especially that fallen elf. we passed it by when we were on our way to bontoc at around the same time as you did. i think that's after mt. pulis towards bayyo. damn, it was raining so hard that time after we left bontoc towards bauko it gave me jitters maneuvering our little samurai.

but on a nice day, traveling to bontoc is simply breathtaking. it's like getting close to nature in all its splendid glory.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Banawe to Sagada Trip