New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Google map is showing 2 routes :

1. Bagabag - Cordon - Aglipay - Dipaculao route = 264kms, 6hrs 10mins

2. Solano - Bambang - San Jose City - Pantabangan route = 281kms , 6hrs 51mins

It's just a matter of 21kms difference yet 41 minutes difference.

Question is which route is smooth & safest ?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post

and which route is more picturesque?

If I am already in banaue and my end destination is manila i would take bagabag cordon aglipay dipaculao and then take pantabangan on my way back to manila; reverse if i start from manila and end up in banaue.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPR20 View Post
    and which route is more picturesque?

If I am already in banaue and my end destination is manila i would take bagabag cordon aglipay dipaculao and then take pantabangan on my way back to manila; reverse if i start from manila and end up in banaue.
    Yes, that's ideal. But are both smooth & safe route po?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Both are ok. Except for some portions, especially before and after bridges .. rough patches of road. And there's a long portion on Alfonso Castaneda, also a rough stretch. This was about two years ago pa. Maybe they fixed it already .. election season ..

Picturesque? Pantabangan ... I thinkl ..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Both are ok. Except for some portions, especially before and after bridges .. rough patches of road. And there's a long portion on Alfonso Castaneda, also a rough stretch. This was about two years ago pa. Maybe they fixed it already .. election season ..

Picturesque? Pantabangan ... I thinkl ..
    Down to San Jose, bro,- maganda ang daan.... Crossing the Sierra Madre is already an adventure... The lugawan at Sta Fe is always fulfilling... Pantabangan is scenic.......

The way going through Aglipay,- am not sure... Have not been on those roads...

Wala na bang magigiting ng mga tao riyan sa bundok?

Enjoy the drive, bro!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The way going through Aglipay,- am not sure... Have not been on those roads...

Wala na bang magigiting ng mga tao riyan sa bundok?

Enjoy the drive, bro!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Thanks a lot to those who responded. Actually sir, that's my concern thus the question is SAFE if taking the Aglipay route.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

The roads are ok (smooth mix of concrete and tarmac) in Pantabangan, with wide run-offs, aside from the rough patches, I earlier mentioned.

Safe? During the daytime, its ok. Vehicle traffic is regular. However, I would not recommend driving on these roads after dark.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

The roads are ok (smooth mix of concrete and tarmac) in Pantabangan, with wide run-offs, aside from the rough patches, I earlier mentioned.

Safe? During the daytime, its ok. Vehicle traffic is regular. However, I would not recommend driving on these roads after dark.
    Copy that chief. Loud and clear. Thanks a lot.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post

For safety, I would prefer route 2. This route pass through towns, you could travel anytime.

Route 1 is better for the adventurer, but it passes through Quirino province to Aurora. I will not venture along these route unless necessary. Pinakadelikado is from Maddela to Aurora. Puro bundok, para lang sa mahilig sa magagandang tanawin at malalakas ang loob.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Route 2 is the best been there last Feb to Baler way back to manila I used via bongabon...kung hindi ka naka SUV wag ka dumaan don. daming clearing operation that time then I realized na ako lang pala dumaan na sasakyan don. but wala nalang sign na road closed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast