New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Paano mag-commute galing Alabang-Zapote Road papuntang Katipunan Ave.? Salamat po!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi! Was given the ff. tip:
    - Take a bus that passes EDSA Cubao Ibabaw and go down at Araneta Center
    - Ride a jeep that goes to Cogeo and go down at Aurora Katipunan
    - On Katipunan, get a jeep to Ateneo

Would anyone know another route pls.? Where in Araneta Center do the jeeps going to Cogeo line up? Is MRT an option too? Many thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    from Alabang, get off at Ayala MRT station.

Ride the train, get off at Araneta Center Station,

Walk towards Gateway. The station is connected to Farmers Mall which is connected to Gateway mall where LRT-2 is connected. When in doubt, ask the security guards.

Ride the LRT train until Katipunan station, facing the direction where the train is headed, go up the stairs that leads to the LEFT side of the road. It's an underground train. Anyway, again, ask the guards.

after going up, walk towards katipunan. Under the flyover, you will see jeeps going to UP. You can ride it and go to Ateneo.

Are you taking ACET? Make sure to do try this route before the actual day.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    from Alabang, get off at Ayala MRT station.

Ride the train, get off at Araneta Center Station,

Walk towards Gateway. The station is connected to Farmers Mall which is connected to Gateway mall where LRT-2 is connected. When in doubt, ask the security guards.

Ride the LRT train until Katipunan station, facing the direction where the train is headed, go up the stairs that leads to the LEFT side of the road. It's an underground train. Anyway, again, ask the guards.

after going up, walk towards katipunan. Under the flyover, you will see jeeps going to UP. You can ride it and go to Ateneo.

Are you taking ACET? Make sure to do try this route before the actual day.

Thank you, Horsepower! The trains should be faster than the bus option. It's for my son's daily trek to school. Checking out the PU option other than the carpool and bringing his car. Looks like at least a 2-hour trip one way, especially with Skyway construction.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rjc0622 View Post
    Thank you, Horsepower! The trains should be faster than the bus option. It's for my son's daily trek to school. Checking out the PU option other than the carpool and bringing his car. Looks like at least a 2-hour trip one way, especially with Skyway construction.
    Most of the people i knew who lived down south went via carpool to Ateneo as its safer and more convenient then going via the PUV route which can be tiring (per experience, when i commute to Makati from the area, i'm always harassed). The area under the Katipunan Flyover (Aurora Blvd.) is a preying ground for snatchers/holduppers.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Most of the people i knew who lived down south went via carpool to Ateneo as its safer and more convenient then going via the PUV route which can be tiring (per experience, when i commute to Makati from the area, i'm always harassed). The area under the Katipunan Flyover (Aurora Blvd.) is a preying ground for snatchers/holduppers.
    Have you considered the dorm or boarding house option? Might be more convenient and a great way to train the kid to be more independent.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    a great way to train the kid to be more independent.
    I had friends who did that before... it works both ways.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I had friends who did that before... it works both ways.
    Thanks for the concern, Vinj and JackFlash! True, the carpool option is ideal for him, which he is part of now. He also brings his car some days. Wanted to also let him know the public route para alam din nya mag-commute, as a last-resort, worst-case scenario thing. Thanks for the tip on the Katipunan snatchers.

We also considered the dorm option; ok yun pero not as a freshman--maraming adjustments all at once, matindi pa naman yung course nya; and it does work both ways. Maybe next year, when he's up to his neck in projects. Tapos na rin yung condo by then.

Let you know how our adventure goes. naks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rjc0622 View Post
    Thanks for the concern, Vinj and JackFlash! True, the carpool option is ideal for him, which he is part of now. He also brings his car some days. Wanted to also let him know the public route para alam din nya mag-commute, as a last-resort, worst-case scenario thing. Thanks for the tip on the Katipunan snatchers.

We also considered the dorm option; ok yun pero not as a freshman--maraming adjustments all at once, matindi pa naman yung course nya; and it does work both ways. Maybe next year, when he's up to his neck in projects. Tapos na rin yung condo by then.

Let you know how our adventure goes. naks.
    Goodluck. Most Kick-outs in college come during the first year AFAIK. The carpool thang is the best, also teaches them to be prompt and its a great way to get close to the chicks...er, make friends (if you're a guy).

Alabang to Ateneo