New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi guys, I don't know if there has already been a thread regarding this,
    I just want to ask your opinions regarding these two tires:

Yokohama A-drive and Bridgestone Turanza ER60

The tires I have when I acquired my revo was Goodyear and Falken, and I wish to
    replace them soon. It also seems that Goodyear wears out very quickly, which is
    so sad.

I also heard of Michelin, but I've only seen trucks and SUVs use it, haven't
    seen other sedan or AUV (except crosswind) use this in their vehicles.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have Yokohama A drives. Decent tires, quiet on asphalt, a bit noiser on concrete. Decent grip but I wont go racing on them. But thats more of the car since its an Avanza and not made for high speed. I did notice that pebbles have a tendency to get stuck inbetween the threads.

I have used Michellin Energy MX1 which is marketed as fuel saving tires. Quiet tires but a bit slipperywhen wet. Michellin is a very good and respected brand.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A- Drives and ERs are typical working tires... average performance, good wear, decent price.

If it's in your size range, I'd recommend the Kumho Road Venture APT. An average tire, but decent grip and noise, and the price is really good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thank you for the inputs. I will also consider Kumho Road Venture, I also hear good reviews about it.

My vehicle is a Toyota Revo GLX 2004, planning to upgrade to 16" or 17" rims, still deciding.

I know most tires are noisy on concrete, but I give more priority to wet road traction and hydroplanning, thread life, and ride quality over road noise, but of course a quiet tire is always a big plus.

I heard some people use Yokohama Geolander HTS on their Revo, I'm not sure how good is this tire, haven't use it yet.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    So far here are my gathered feedback, please correct me if you have experiences or better knowledge regarding these tires, but so far these are what I've heard:

1. Yokohama A-drive
    - Nice grip when dry, but average when wet
    - All-around on-road tire, balanced grip, noise, comfort and price
    - Less noisy than Turanza

2. Bridgestone Turanza ER Series
    - Very good grip than other passenger car tires
    - Nice water evacuation
    - All-around on-road tire

3. Michelin Energy XM1
    - Very soft ride than other passenger car tires
    - Very long thread life
    - Not as good grip in wet roads
    - A bit pricey

4. Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S
    - A bit noisy and stiff ride compared to passenger tires
    - Durable tire
    - Less grip on wet roads than Dueler

5. Bridgestone Dueler
    - A bit noisy and stiff ride to passenger tires
    - Excellent grip on all conditions
    - Lower thread life than Geolandar

6. Michelin LTX (haven't looked into this yet)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dueler HT, on the stiff and noisy side... Grip so-so, but it lasts a long time. You have to specify which Dueler, there's several variants.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Oh yeah, I mean there Bridgestone Dueler H/T. After looking around the parking floor of our bldg today, I just found out that even Duelers H/T have lots of submodels. I saw a set in an Alterra, its Dueler H/T 689 or 682 I forgot na hehe. Its threads look real nice and thick, almost thought it was A/T from a distance. A CX-5 or CX-7 naman had Dueler H/T 200, but the threads look less aggressive.

Btw sir niky, observing from your other posts in other sections, I can see that you are already a respected expert in tire knowledge, I hope you can help me decide. I have a Toyota Revo GLX model with stock 14" rims. I'm planning to upgrade it to 15" or 16" depending on the kind of tire I will settle in. If you're in my place, which rim-tire combo will you choose?

You see, right now I'm a bit inclined towards Light truck tires such as Dueler H/T and Geolandar H/T-S since they are known to be more durable and long lasting, however very stiff and noisy. If ever I might go for either 205/70R15 (Dueler H/T and Geolandar H/T-S), or 215/60R16 (Geolandar H/T-S) or 215/65R16 (Dueler H/T). I'm also considering Michelin LAtitude Tour in this variant.

However, as I have become more hesitant due to feedback about light truck/SUV tires' road noise and ride quality, I'm now considering popular passenger tires such as, Bridgestone Turanza GR and ER series, Yokohama A drive and C drive series, as also suggested in my thread's title. I'm also now considering Kumho Road Venture APT, that you suggested, and Toyo tires that users claim to have a very soft ride like Michelin Energy XM1.

Thanks in advance master!

Yokohama A-drive vs Bridgestone Turanza ER60